The what and why:
Our client is an early, seed-stage company that is out to fundamentally change how consumers go shopping for personal insurance. As their first Head of Engineering, you will be close to the action, building a technology solution that will bring trust and transparency to the consumer shopping experience that is sorely needed.
Our client integrates with various data providers and API's, some of which are modern, and some not so much. You will be building their core software product, which revolves around helping consumers make better buying decisions. To date, they have leveraged 3rd party product development services and it is time to build upon what they already have while also assessing that relationship and bringing strategic components of that in-house.
Key Components of this role:
We need an engineering leader who is close to the action. If you are a Software Architect that's recently stepped away from coding full-time and has been keeping an eye out for your first Head of Engineering / potential CTO role down the line, this role may be perfect.
- B2C / Consumer Services / Marketplace experience. You've built applications that consumers are using.
- Startup experience. You've either succeeded in the past or have failed, learned lessons, and are eager for a 2nd shot. You know what you're getting into.
- CI/CD / DevOps to drive velocity with features/releases and avoid disruption.
- SCRUM Lead. Partners with leadership on building a phased approach to drive adoption and build the platform's capabilities.
- Build a team as the need arises, the product matures, and additional funding is secured.
- Has ideas/background/foresight on how to drive consumer engagement using persuasive technology, positive reinforcement.
- Build for experimentation - Knows how to build a tech stack that can support multiple concurrent experiments where learnings can be wrapped in easily.
- Ability to partner well with marketing and be an asset for marketing initiatives.
- Preference for Austin, TX but will consider a remote candidate who "checks the boxes".