Security Engineer II
Take Control of your Future.
Mediacom Communications is helping customers find solutions to their internet and cable needs through fully customizable plans. Our corporate office in Blooming Grove, NY is hiring an experienced Security Engineer II.
The Security Engineer II will be responsible for analyzing external and internal threats to protect sensitive data within Mediacom network. The Security Engineer II is responsible for insuring all networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access. Key Responsibilities are:
- Administer and Manage Network Security Devices
- Investigate and resolve security incidents
- Analyze the effectiveness of the security measures in place
- Recommend changes that will improve overall company security
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology is required.
- 3-5 years technical hands-on security experience
- Experience with firewall technologies, IPS/IDS, VPN, SIEM, netflow, NAC, vulnerability scanning tools, URL filtering, DLP, EDR, AppSec DAST/SAST platforms and other security tools
- Experience in security incident handling, operations and forensics preferred
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity and Risk Management frameworks such as COBIT, NIST CSF and ISO 27001 is a plus
- Experience in handling security for a large enterprise network or service provider network preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
- Experience in routing and switching is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to present and communicate clearly with technical and non-technical staff as well as senior management
- Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, OSCP and SANS GIAC is a plus
Mediacom offers an exciting work environment, competitive salaries and full benefits including Dental and Vision. Company-Matched 401(k), Education Reimbursement, Paid Vacations, Holidays & Flex Time. Discounted Cable/Internet Services and so much more.
Hiring begins with an online application that is seamless and at scale. Our recruiters utilize on demand text, and one-way video technology for interviews to ensure social distancing. For more information on the position above and consideration, please apply online at: mediacomcable.com/careers and search for Security Engineer II in NY. You may also send your resume to: or Text “MEDIACOM’ TO 97211.
The Power to Succeed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V