Direct Client Requirement Position: Senior Enterprise Cloud Architect Location: Piscataway, NJ Duration: FTE Description Job Summary: The position is intended to provide architectural direction and leadership in the selection and implementation of IT cloud solutions in support of the needs and objectives of the Organizational Units of the Client. The individual in this role will help drive the Client's cloud strategy, provide architectural oversight to XaaS implementations, lead migration of on-prem workloads to the cloud, and facilitate governance and streamlining operations of cloud computing resources. This position is also responsible for managing and executing the processes for standardizing technologies used within the Client, managing the Client's application portfolio, and managing the lifecycle of technologies and systems, including the retirement of legacy ones. The incumbent in this position will also be directing the initial due diligence on business requests for technology solutions by evaluating the fitness for purpose of applications and systems in our portfolio. The role reports to Senior Manager for IT Enterprise Architecture, or Director, Technology Standardization and Management, and manages direct reports. The role requires a self-starter that can be productive with minimal direction.
- Drive "Cloud First” strategy for all initiatives
- Analyze complex legacy systems and come up with cloud migration strategies with full stack solution designs.
- Management and maintenance of the Client's Application Portfolio and technology standards and reviewing them periodically and tracking technology lifecycle stages.
- Rationalization of the application portfolio
- Governance of technology evaluation and adoption
- Automate workload provisioning in AWS Cloud using AWS tools as well as other open source. tools.
- Define and automate security configurations in cloud that adhere to security policies and best practices.
- Review project requirements, evaluating industry-strength XaaS solutions and providing architectural recommendation based on best-fit and/or best-of-breed considerations.
- Establish and operationalize governance of cloud-based assets.
- Analyze feedback from user interviews, usability studies and focus groups, translate analysis into design decisions, and manage exceptions to standards.
- Identify key technology overlaps and gaps and formulating strategies to optimize technology spend, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Managing relationships with technology vendors and collaborating with the IT Compliance group on contract management
- 10-15 years' Experience in IT project delivery
- 4-7 years Hands-on architectural design experience
- 2-4 years Project delivery experience using Amazon Web Services
- 7-10 years' Experience in software development life cycle
- 7-10 years' Experience in software engineering principles and methodologies
Licenses and Certifications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional) 60 Days, Req Or
- AWS System Admin certification 60 Days, Req
Skills and Requirements
- Experience in software development life cycle Advanced And
- Experience in software engineering principles and methodologies Advanced And
- Experience in the evaluation and selection of XaaS solutions Advanced And
- Experience in application/technology portfolio management and rationalization Advanced And
- Experience in estimating costs of cloud-based technology offerings and XaaS solutions Advanced And
- Experience in hybrid cloud architectures Advanced And
- Experience migrating complex legacy systems to the Cloud Advanced And
- Knowledge of IT project execution and delivery methodologies Advanced And
- Strong written and oral communications skills Advanced And
- Expertise in MS Office productivity tools, especially Excel and Visio Advanced And
- Infrastructure expertise with knowledge of various IT systems including vmware, storage, backup solutions and networking is desirable Intermediate And
- Experience in sizing physical infrastructure on which to implement architectures to meet non-functional requirements Intermediate And
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices and containerization Intermediate And
- Experience in TOGAF or other architectural frameworks Intermediate And
- Technical understanding of common application and network protocols, network technology, server hardware, server software, and database technologies Intermediate And
- Understanding of budget planning/development and cost allocation processes Intermediate And
- Industry experience in Publishing and/or Association Management Beginner
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Must have a bachelor's degree (4-year) in Engineering or Computer Science; graduate degree is preferred Req And
- Master's or other advanced degree Pref