The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are fearless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other interns and co-ops, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will co-ops learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
The Procurement Team strives to deliver value, improve financial performance and drive returns for the business in the procurement of goods and services through proactive analysis and understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), strategic engagement with our internal business partners and external suppliers and by educating the organization in Procurement best practices.
Vertex is currently recruiting a Procurement Co-op. As a co-op in the Procurement Group, you will assist with the day-to-day management of services. Since the team is small you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of tasks as well as the ability to grow with the group.Co-op timeline: July 2020 - December 2020, full time, 40 hours/weekResponsibilities:
- Support entire Organizational site with Service POs, contracts, and Chemical orders
- Learn and utilize internal chemical ordering platform to support Business needs
- Convert Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders and transmit them to vendors
- Help resolve invoice holds issues that pertains to POs
- Manage Backorder Report and Analyze Procurement Metrics
- Manage Help Desk Tickets using ServiceNow platform
- Close and reopen POs as needed
- Run OBI Data Reports; Help Analyze Data
- Manage Procurement Group Customer Support Email Box
- Resolve receipt issues; assign or resolve return requests
- Other projects as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be currently enrolled at the sophomore level (undergrad) or above studying supply chain, accounting, finance, or general management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Career interest in the procurement or finance field.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Prior co-op experience in the accounting, supply chain, or finance field.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovate company aimed at transforming lives of people with serious diseases, their family and society.