Value Stream Project Manager - Portable StorageLocation: Huntersville, NCMake Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Value Stream Manager, you'll be part of our Global Tools and Storage team.The role of Global Value Stream Manager is new and fully aligned with our move towards a Value Stream Organization and Transformation into the 2020s across Hand Tools Accessories & Storage. This role will support development and execution of global manufacturing strategies and projects; and will provide capacity planning oversight, project management, technical support and leadership for key capital and productivity projects. The focus of this role will be to drive product line excellence, develop strategies and action plans to support global capacity expansions, improve health and safety performance, support and improve manufacturing capability to support best in class NPD. In addition, this role will lead and plan out all footprint initiatives including both consolidation and expansion initiatives to reduce lead time and align with our current initiative. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Develop and drive Operational STRAT plans that support the SBU
- SBU Alignment, and support of the Regional MFG. Teams
- Direct team on all footprint initiatives including product moves, focus factories, plant expansion and plant consolidation initiatives
- Lead global capacity and CapEx plans
- Lead project teams in the development of new manufacturing processes and equipment to support Center of Excellence Initiatives
- Manage major capital projects as required
- Ensure global standardization across a product lines (platforming and standardization)
- Lead and support critical productivity projects including Tariff Mitigation in our Mfg. Facilities
- Lead and support Key NPD Mfg. Products
- Assist manufacturing management as directed to resolve manufacturing problems
- Provide regular progress reports on projects to the management team
- Identify, recommend and implement manufacturing process improvements to drive manufacturing excellence
- Drive SPS Initiative Across ALL HTAS Facilities with a Hands-On Approach with our Facilities
- Support Productivity Deck for plant to drive towards the 6% cost savings target
- Work with finance team on Make vs. Buy analysis and cost evaluations as required
- Work with Sourcing and SBU for in-source/out-source transition plans
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations, or Related Field
- Minimum of four(4) years of related progressive manufacturing operations or supply chain experience
- Experience in plant movement (opening, closing, transferring lines, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and leadership
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma experience preferred
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.