Title: ADAS Validation Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of ADAS Validation Engineer. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
The ADAS Validation Engineer – Senior will develop and execute test plans and procedures for autonomous driving vehicles. Testing will include public road testing and scenario tests on a closed facility. Hours and time of day can vary based on testing needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Develop Test Procedures for Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Physical driving of test vehicles on public roads and proving grounds given various test conditions.
- The extensive use of CAN / Ethernet tools and traditional electrical equipment to test and troubleshoot vehicle systems.
- Documentation of test results
- Provide status of test results
- Issue Reporting
- Root cause analysis of complex electromechanical systems
- Development of Statement of work (SOW)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Materials /Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace/Computer) from an ABET accredited university.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- MUST BE CURRENT AND CONTINOUS EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Ability to use electrical debugging tools such as digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, and current probes.
- Ability to read and analyze digital communications data (CAN/LIN/Ethernet)
- Desire to work on vehicles and in a test environment (hands-on)
- Good understanding of microprocessor-based electronics and electronic circuits.
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Self-Starter with strong communication skills
- Test Procedure Development and Execution with ADAS / Autonomous Perception (Vision) and Positioning Systems
- Previous experience using Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Background in DFSS, Robust Assessment Testing
- Experience with Vector CANoe and/or other Diagnostic and Data collection Equipment.
- Experience with DFMEA and DVP&R processes.
- Experience with dSPace ASM simulation tool or equivalent.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink tools.
- Experience with using data analytics tools.
- Good understanding of microprocessor-based electronics and electronic circuits
- Good analytical problem-solving skills.
Travel and Driving Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel to Chelsea Michigan and support data collection activity around the United States.
- Experience in ADAS / Autonomous verification & validation including development / execution of test plans and test procedures on proving grounds and public roads.
- Experience in development and execution of ADAS vehicle mileage accumulation plans, data logging tools, data analyses, and issue identification/ resolution.
- Experience with vehicle level troubleshooting and data analyses utilizing various communication protocols (e.g. CAN/LIN/Ethernet)
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan at rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and/or contact her at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – ADAS Validation Engineer (MI).
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com