Job Tittle - Python Developer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Sign-on Bonus for this Role
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems. Job Responsibilities
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Qualifications
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Nice to have skills:
- 6+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; thorough understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- Proficiency in one or more computing languages -- especially scripting languages, such as Python, Shell and Object-Oriented programming skills in Java
- Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, programming, and unit-testing
- Proven Understanding with On-Prem & Cloud deployments (Private Cloud / AWS / Docker/ Kubernetes)
- Working Knowledge in CICD Tooling Technologies (JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Fortify, SonarQube, Nexus, Nexus IQ)
- System Engineering Knowledge proficiency in Operating Systems and Middleware technologies (Red Hat Linux, Tomcat, etc.)
- Good grasp of SQL language (ideally: Snowflake, nice to have Oracle)
- Experience with Version Control System (VCS) tools such as GIT
- Good Understanding of AWS infrastructure (S3 / IAM / KMS / EC2 / Networking [VPC/Route53] )
- Proficiency of Unix Systems such as Service accounts, Libraries, mounting volumes, log archival, alerts & running scripts to automate tasks.
- Collaborate with multiple development teams, testing, troubleshooting
- Capacity Requirements & Analysis of involved infrastructure for the application.
- Solid comprehension of Agile project management leveraging one or more frameworks under the Agile umbrella such as Scrum
- Be a Self-starter, providing creative and innovative ideas or solutions to advance the Technology offerings, and be able to work independently
Who We Are:
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Experience in Financial industry a plus
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency, and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.