Working at Macro Solutions, a leading provider of IT and management consulting services, is an opportunity to collaborate with great people who have a passion for the services they provide to our clients. We are currently seeking an experienced HBSS Engineer
for a long-term Federal program in Washington, DC. Key Responsibilities:
Education + Experience
- Work with a team in a lab environment to develop and tune Host Based Security System (HBSS) policies for application providers.
- Install, configure, and maintain HBSS servers and dependent systems.
- Perform verification and troubleshooting across all HBSS modules.
- Install, configure, and maintain the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Security Center (SC) and ACAS scanners.
- Develop, manage, maintain, and evaluate computer hardware, security, software and software development tools.
- Support specific requirements and interface with other equipment and systems.
- Identify potential/actual bottlenecks and propose recommendations for their elimination.
- Make recommendations for system improvements that will result in optimal software and hardware use.
- Possess Secret Clearance
- Possess Active Security+ Certification (IAT Level II or higher)
- 5+ Experience with standard HBSS modules, including ePO server administration and maintenance, McAfee Agent (MA), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Policy Auditor (PA), VirusScan Enterprise (VSE), Rogue System Detection (RSD), Asset Baseline Monitor (ABM), and Asset Configuration Compliance Module (ACCM).
- Experience developing policy for HIPS firewall, HIPS application whitelisting, HIPS intrusion prevention exclusions, DLP exclusions, and VSE exclusions.
- Experience with HBSS HIPS signature review and verification of signature and exceptions.
- Experience with system administration including Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux.
- Knowledge of the use and application of vulnerability assessment tools, including Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), checklists, and Security Requirements Guides (SRG).
Macro Solutions is a woman-owned IT and management consulting firm that helps government organizations select, implement, integrate and maintain critical business solutions.
A relationship company at our core, we pride ourselves on building high-touch, high-trust environments for our clients and partners, at every level of our business. Assessed at CMMI Maturity Level 3 for both Development and Services and ISO 9001:2015 certification, Macro delivers honest, powerful results from the inside, outward.
Deeply invested in advancing long lasting employee relationships, our distinctive Consultant Care program ensures that our employees are always a priority at every level of the organization and has been integral to our 94% employee retention rate.
Along with a supportive environment and culture that thrives on dreaming big, getting things done and having fun together, Macro Solutions offers employees a full suite of competitive benefits, including health, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.
If you would like to learn more about Macro, are interested in joining our team, or would like to learn more about our Consultant Care program visit our website .
Macro Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.