Agile Business Analyst - Chicago, IL - 6 Month Contract - $65-75/hr W2
This will be 2-3 days on-site in Chicago
As a member of our business analyst team, you’ll play a crucial role in identifying, improving and developing technology solutions that drive out strategic goals. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm.
• Engage with Business and technical partners to identify, develop, document, and validate the business requirements
• Advice and support Product owners to prioritize and shape the product backlog and sprint backlog, using agile practices (prioritization around business value)
• Facilitate all backlog refinement meetings and work with Product owners to ensure all stories covered in refinements are updated and ready for the team to review.
• Create, update or review all requirements and perform gap analysis
• Interpret and research information on various design documents
• Work with product owner to provide scrum teams with defined user stories and business-motivated acceptance criteria
• Assist and supporting team members with their work where required(example support team with manual testing when needed)
• Facilitate meetings at multiple levels of an organization and have a deep understanding of facilitation techniques
• Be the liaison between lines of business and the development team, and work with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborate with teams
• Proactively support the uplift of agile practices and champion the culture of continual improvements
We are looking for a smart, communicative, experienced team member who can understand the asset management business and can operate in an environment transitioning to Agile.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 Years’ experience
• Strong decision-making skills that allow the team to take action
• Strong communication skills within written and oral communication and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated advance ability to operate using analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
• Experience with tools that aid teams (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Drive, Collaboration tools), including knowing how to streamline or optimize tools.
• Knowledge of agile approaches like Scrum, Safe, Kanban, XP, waterfall