***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role***
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Security Engineer. This role will be traveling from client site to client site about 25-50% of the time. You will be working with Cisco networking with routers and switches and interfacing with the client. They are looking for someone with heavy experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5, and certifications.
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- Experience working with Check Point products
- 5+years’ experience with TCP/IP network equipment
- 5+years’ experience with advanced network security systems
- Detailed Understanding of the functional aspects of key infrastructure protocols
- Detailed Understanding of L1-L7
- Robust understanding of networking and Internet technologies and experience with complex systems troubleshooting
- Ability to multi-task under stressful situations
- High reading comprehension
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technology and self-direct study
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel locally 95% of the time to customer locations
- Ability to travel overnight 25-50% depending on location
- Expert or willing to become expert with equivalent manufacture experience with Firewalls and other Networking and Security products, e.g. Check Point Software, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper Networks, Infoblox, LogRhythm, Splunk, and F5 Networks
- Detailed understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Direct engineering or willing to attain expertise in Aruba, RSA, VMware, Cisco among others
- Experience teaching in a technical training environment