Your Opportunity Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
Charles Schwab's Software Development Team Managers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore, and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. Advisor Services Technology is looking for a Team Manager to work on Schwab's premier custody platform, Schwab Advisor Center. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong people and technology leadership skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, and highly reliable solutions through others is key to success in this role.What you are good at
What you have
- Lead a team of Software Engineers to deliver significant business results as well as maintenance and incremental improvements of software applications used by Schwab's Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) community.
- Reinforce your teams' focus on delivering highly reliable and high-quality software applications.
- Collaborate with individuals from across Schwab in different supporting organizations and business groups.
- Challenge engineers by setting high standards, while fostering an environment for their development
- Leadership of personnel, including coaching and mentoring of personnel
- Supporting applications and systems in a production environment
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year accredited college or university, or equivalent experience; Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field highly desirable
- Experience leading technical staff, including providing coaching and mentoring as well as ensuring high code quality and adherence to standards
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Prior experience with full stack application development technologies, including C# or Java, RESTful APIs, front end technologies such as Angular or React, ASP.NET web forms, MVC, JSON/XML, Relational (SQL/Oracle) and Document-Based (No-SQL/MongoDB) databases, and Cloud technologies (Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience highly preferable)
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers, and leaders
- Strong customer orientation with an e xtreme sense of ownership and the determination to drive solutions in a collaborative environment
- Well organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships
- Experience with Financial Services industry highly desirable
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.