Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Satellite Operations Engineer to join our team in Longmont, CO. This is an onsite position with a rotating shift.Life with Us
Your Project: In this role, you will be responsible for satellite commanding, telemetry monitoring, and addressing satellite anomalies as they occur. You will work closely with on-shift management, Mission Control Systems Engineers, Ground Control Engineers, and Spacecraft Engineers to ensure the health and safety of the satellite is sustained and command objectives are met. This position requires an understanding of the various satellites that make up the Maxar Constellation which will allow you to address both nominal and non-nominal vehicle behavior through interaction with the Maxar command & control system software.
Your Career: We are very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Routinely performs pre-contact verifications with the Mission Control Systems (MCS) Ground Control Engineers to ensure successful communication is established between the ground system and the spacecraft.
- Ensures spacecraft tasking and planning provides error fee output reducing the risk of faulting any of the spacecraft within the Maxar constellation.
- Performs in-contact spacecraft commanding and state of health assessments to ensure health and safety of the spacecraft is maintained.
- Performs out-of-contact spacecraft telemetry trending and analysis to ensure continued health and safety of the spacecraft out of view of a ground station.
- Fully investigates spacecraft limit violations and up-channel any violations to a Flight Operations Manager or Spacecraft Engineering which are not covered in any spacecraft related documentation.
- Recognizes and up-channels anomalous spacecraft conditions to the Flight Operations Manager or Mission Director.
- Maintains an awareness and comprehension of system changes ensuring operational compliance.
- Follows guidelines established in procedures and checklists and report operational checklist deficiencies to the Operations Efficiency and Transition team.
- Generates spacecraft availability reports for the Spacecraft Engineering team.
- Executes necessary ground limit changes to reflect current operating state of the spacecraft and long-term telemetry trends at the behest of a Flight Ops Manager or the Spacecraft Engineering team.
- Maintains proficiency on all spacecraft subsystems throughout the Maxar constellation.
These skills would be amazing:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess a current/active Secret security clearance
- Associate's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field. Two additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 2 years in an operational environment
- This position requires 24/7 rotational shift work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Calm disposition in stressful situations
- Love to trouble-shoot with a problem-solving and curious approach
The compensation range for this position is $ 64,500 to $107,500 annually, dependent on skills and experience.
As a federal contractor, Maxar is required to comply with the vaccination and other COVID-19 requirements in President Biden's September 9 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors . Accordingly, all Maxar team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022 , except in cases where a team member is legally entitled to an accommodation.Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.