Cable Technician Dutiesand Responsibilities Install, maintain, and repaircableTV and internet systems. Pull, route, terminate, test, and label CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6A, and fiber opticcabling to BICSI Standards.Install support structures, includingcable tray, ladder tray, racks, j-hooks, innerduct, and other related structures Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system meets industry standards.
Job Skills Required Cable techniciansneed to have a high level of manual dexterity and need to have a strong background in math and science. They also need to be good communicators and should be able to solve problems independently.
- 3-5 years installing low voltage cabling in commercial settings.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Fluent with Fluke testing equipment (CAT# and Fiber Optic cabling)
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Current OSHA 10/30 certification (preferred).
- Current Scissor lift/ forklift certification (preferred).
- Reads and understands blueprints.
- Manufacturers Installers Certifications (i.e., Panduit, Ortronics, Leviton, etc.) are preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening (possibly random).
- Always maintain a safe and secure working environment. Follow safe work practices and standards. Comply with all company and worksite safety requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of and meets bid schedules and deadlines.
- Continues to learn other technologies, as directed by client demand.
- High School Diploma, GED, or higher education.