Harris County was founded in 1836 and is located in the Gulf Coast region of Texas approximately 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Harris County covers over 1700 square miles with over 4 million residents, making it the most populous county in Texas and third most populous in the United States.
The Harris County Central Technology Services (CTS) exists to support the mission of Harris County by developing, implementing and supporting high quality, innovative and cost effective information technology solutions.
Responsible for ensuring the performance and reliability of Harris County's Electronic Document and Records Management (EDRM) system. Works with database administrator and development teams in defining user requirements, coordinating system-wide updates, and installing upgrades and patches for EDRM systems. Provides recommendations for enhancements/changes that may involve custom design, optional and third-party products to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of EDRM systems. Maintains EDRM systems security through user profile management, creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts. Monitors and maintains performance metrics for system features, recommends and takes corrective/preventive actions. Participates in the design, development and implementation of test and production objects. Performs configuration, change management and testing activities as required. Consults users on technology changes that will impact work processes. This is a senior-level position and requires good communications skills, both written and verbal, and excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain OpenText Content Server and associated modules in production and non-production environments.
Install new software releases and system upgrades; evaluate and install patches; and resolve software related problems.
- Manage the core software and server infrastructure supporting the image capture management systems utilizing technical support staff (infrastructure, vendor, and manufacturer) as necessary.
- Administer all aspects of the OpenText system including performance tuning, security, workflow, database and storage system connectivity, search service, and web server. Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert on the system.
- Recommend preferred methods for electronic document capture and storage. • Monitors OpenText system to ensure that platform is operating as expected; makes adjustments as needed to ensure optimal performance. • Provide technical design and architecture recommendations and hands-on technical assistance on projects to implement line-of business document management solutions
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware, operating systems, applications components, and network and database connectivity.
- Provides second level customer system support for customer software/system applications.
- Communicate issues to management in a timely manner along with background information and suggestions for how to address
- Other duties as assigned
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
6+ years of hands-on technical experience administering enterprise-level EDRM platform (for example, OpenText, Documentum, OnBase, File Bound, IBM ECM, etc)
- Requires 4 or more years in progressively responsible positions in IT consulting projects.
- 6+ years of experience working with Microsoft technologies: Windows Server 2012 or greater, SQL Server 2008 or greater, Active Directory, IIS v7 or greater
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with enterprise document scanning including scanning hardware,
- Proven effectiveness working with a dynamic team of people both technical and non-technical
- Adept at applying troubleshooting techniques in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed, along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) background check is required prior to employment
- Understanding of the Agile software development methodologies, like Scrum or XP
- Strong problem solving skills
HOURS: 40 Hours per Week / Monday – Friday/ Flexible Weekends, After Hours and 24-Hours On-Call as Required
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony, and any Class A Misdemeanor.
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor, if within the previous 10 years.
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor).
- Family Violence conviction.
- A BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field
- Hands-on technical experience administering OpenText Content Server version 10.x or 16.x, Brava!, Blazon, OpenText Capture Center Experience administering Windows Server, MS SQL Server, AD, IIS
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. and/or move boxes and equipment as needed.
- Subject to kneeling, crouching, handling, climbing, walking, sitting, twisting and reaching are needed to perform the essential functions.