Harris County was founded in 1836 and is located in the Gulf Coast region of Texas approximately 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Harris County covers over 1700 square miles with over 4 million residents, making it the most populous county in Texas and third most populous in the United States.
The Harris County Universal Services (US) exists to support the mission of Harris County by developing, implementing and supporting high quality, innovative and cost effective information technology solutions.
Harris County has established a Broadband Office within Universal Services the purpose of improving mobile and fixed access to the Internet for segments of the population in the county that are currently faced with barriers to such access. The Technology Liaison provides technical leadership to the Harris County Universal Services Broadband Office, and acts as an intermediary between business personnel and the technical teams tasked to design, create and maintain technology solutions that implement the policies and programs of the Office.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain the overall technical vision of the Office
- Translate strategic Office goals into specific technology solutions and projects to achieve the goals
- Prepare high-level technology proposals including cost estimates, resource requirements, risks, issues, gaps, and schedules • Work with technical architects as needed to establish and maintain integrity of designs
- Act as a technical escalation point to assist operation personnel with complex problems and in-depth evaluation • Lead on-going assessment of system performance, suitability, and lifecycles
- Act as a business advocate and liaison to establish a rapport and become a trusted advisor • Act as a bridge between business work requests & technology departments
- Work with project managers and senior leadership to assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, identify required resources, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects
- Become a business partner with cross-functional teams by following the prescribed process and utilizing appropriate tools and resources as needed
- Educate customers on the established service delivery process and assist with navigating their request through project or support approval processes
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with senior-level management and key business units
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 5 years of experience networking and infrastructure in a large enterprise or service provider environment required
- Experience in the governance of complex deployment and usage projects within large organizations KSA's:
- Expert understanding of data networking fundamentals including routing, switching, and firewalls • Understanding of wireless technologies including wireless LAN, satellite, microwave and cellular data (LTE, etc.)
- Understanding of wide area networking and carrier Ethernet services and services providers
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Technically minded but solutions-oriented
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Communicate effectively at all organization levels, including executive leadership
- Ability to make decisions and recommend alternative approaches; identify and resolve conflict
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Ten or more years of professional experience designing, implementing and supporting IT infrastructure in a large enterprise or service provider environment.
- 8:00 am - 5:00 PM / M-F Day Shift
- May be required to work more than forty hours during the workweek and/or weekends or on-call 24 hours a day to meet special projects or deadlines.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony, and any Class A Misdemeanor.
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor, if within the previous 10 years.
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor).
- Family Violence conviction.