Role: BI Technical Lead - Tableau
Work Location: Houston, TX
Number of Positions: 1
Position Type: Fulltime Company Description: Supply Chain
S AND HOLDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME. JOB SUMMARY
The BI Tech Lead oversees the Business Intelligence group supporting Company’s analytics needs. The lead is involved in all phases of the analytic projects, from requirements gathering, data architecture, integration guidance and developing support artifacts. This lead demonstrates senior-level leadership skills and experience in guiding the team to build sustainable insights. The ideal candidate can mentor others in maintainable development practices and code reviews and ensures correct capitalization / expense activities of the project team and can provide business insight across multiple domains. This person will demonstrate an ability to manage complex, high-quantity and potentially contradictory information to effectively solve problems, applies knowledge of the business to advance organizational goals, and intuitively navigates complex policy, people and process-related organizational dynamics. This role does involve managing direct reports.
• Accountable for major BI projects or common shareable reports across several projects
• Authors, reviews and approves information, requirements and specification to design and develop solutions for domains within multiple enterprise applications.
• Coaches and mentors both technical and business staff on information solutions
• Leads the architecture of information with the big-picture data domain in mind.
• Finds and implements strategic & innovative solutions.
• Recognized leader within the team, expert in most / all business domains used at the company.
• Actively researches and develops new knowledge and collaborates on solutions.
• Deploys new approaches to domain optimizations and anticipates domain requirements and business needs.
• Has leadership understanding and influence with business customers.
• Develops, designs, and implements integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues.
• Solicits ideas from others; recognizes contributions of others.
• Identifies measures and milestones for recognizing and communicating success.
• Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties or projects.
• Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
• Highly organized; able to organize and assimilate large quantities of complex information.
• Works under minimal supervision
• Expert knowledge in Data Architecture, Modeling, integration, governance and BI/Analytics principles.
• Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
• Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
• Training team members and business users on self-service BI capabilities
• Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience requirements:
Requires bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university with 8 plus years of experience in Computer Science, MIS, or other business discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Tableau for data analytics, visualizations, reporting etc
• Provide analytical support and data driven strategies.
• Design and build prototype Tableau solutions, enterprise Tableau reporting architecture, Mobile strategy, and development best practices.
• Develop and apply Tableau Server and Development best practices.
• Perform server deployments, on premises and cloud based.
• Implement Authentication options.
• Perform server maintenance such as backups, updates, restores, etc.
• Monitor server performance, usage and scheduled tasks.
• Excellent administration and SQL skills.
• Experience working in Agile teams.
• Full BI lifecycle Experience (Data Modeling to Reporting). Advanced knowledge of Data Modeling and data integration. Ability to assimilate requirements into conceptual/logical data models across information management solutions (relational, Dimensional/Columnar, document)
• Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
• BI Platform – Tableau is a requirement. Working knowledge of Microstrategy and PowerBI is a plus
• Data Virtualization – Working knowledge of Denodo is a plus
• Data Integration (Dell Boomi,BODS, DataStage)
• DataBase (SAP S4 Hana, SAP BW4Hana, Sql Server, Postgres, DB2)
• SQL (Ansi, PLSQL, Analytics)
• Team Performance management Tools (TFS, JIRA)
• Evangelizes the use of Tableau with business stake holders.
• Partners with the business to find sustainable solutions.
• Manages complexity in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems.
• Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even the face of obstacles and setbacks.
• Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• A problem-solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
• A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics.
• Manages the team effectively and enacts situational leadership.
• Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority
• Strong capability to provide Business Insight.
• Strong ability to influence organization stakeholders.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certifications specific to BI technologies and Agile areas of focus are a strong advantage.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).