Principal Electrical Engineer – Milpitas
• Design engineer skilled at complex electro-mechanical systems design and analysis
• Electronic design for system/laser/motion control, scanning systems, firmware/software interfaces, communication protocols, etc.
• Compliance to medical standards like the IEC60601 suite.
• Preference for laser control and motion control experience.
• Strong at design analysis, tolerance analysis, and design review
• Technically review and advise on design input and design output for small team
• BS EE (or related) required. Advanced degree preferred.
• 8+ years relevant experience required
• Case studies/work portfolio required"
Staff Electrical Engineer - Milpitas
"This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop medical devices. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team and a desire to thrive. You are expected to demonstrate sophisticated electrical engineering knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems and have communication capabilities vital to communicate broadly across engineering teams.
• Develop electronic architectures from board to system level for a medical device.
• Development, integration and testing of electrical hardware
• Design mixed/analog, power electronics, motor control and digital circuit design and layout of simple to sophisticated printed circuit boards and development of the required design documentation.
• Facilitate board bring-up, test and debug of newly designed electrical hardware
• Participate in design reviews and design FMEA analysis.
• Work closely with multi-functional teammates to design and problem solve.
• Act as a technical lead for subsystem projects with minimal guidance and provide technical direction to other team members.
• Perform hardware testing for IEC medical safety and EMC standards.
• Develop requirements and specifications for electrical subsystems.
• Communicate status and plans to the multi-functional engineering and program management team.
• Perform high level circuit simulations and modeling.
• Design, develop and document custom tools"
Motion Control Electrical Engineer – Milpitas
- Strong knowledge and skills in areas required for electric motor controls systems development - motors, motor controls theory, power electronics, etc
• 5+ years of industry experience in developing electric motor controls systems and related products .
• Hands-on experience in using simulation tools – MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, PSIM, etc.
• Ability to understand the software architecture and codes implemented in LabView, C, C++
• Knowledge and experience in failure (fault) analysis methodologies - FMEA, FTA, etc
• Extensive experience in embedded system designs including micro-processor, FPGA, micro-controller, DSP and basic electric circuits is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in classic and advanced control theories and applications is a plus.
• Experience in using hardware-in-the-loop simulation (HILS) systems and PID is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in test automation using off-the-shelf tools and software packages is a plus.
• Participate in system engineering activities from the controls perspective.
• Develop complex motor controls algorithms for precision laser spot placement, able to handle multi axis controls with all control factors (temporal delays, figure of merit, following errors, etc)
• Test applications by designing test algorithms and verifying functionalities and performances in laboratory set-ups and in field environments.
• Work with the software engineering team to implement the motor control algorithms in the embedded systems"
Electrical Engineer - Milpitas
• Subsystem testing and analysis
• Design iterations of PCB (Schematics)
• Hardware design documentation
• Hardware test protocol review and updates
• Hardware test protocol dry run and formal verification
• Defect reporting and issue resolution support
• Change impact analysis and documentation
• Test report preparation
• Work with cross-functional product development teams
• Update documents and create Change Orders to release
• Update Design History Files (“DHFs”) based on design and test results
• Work on motor drive and sensing (Brushed, BLDC, Stepper) design and solutioning
• Must understand and use simple electronics in lab environment (power supplies, data acquisition, oscilloscope, current probes, signal generator etc)
• Update the circuit design for changes to hardware, perform PCB layout review
• Perform EMI/EMC precompliance testing
• Experiment with Medical devices, optical and electrotechnical design experience.
• Design, build and monitor experiments, make observations, perform basic and statistical calculations, record results
• Operate and test optomechanical electronic systems and laboratory instruments
• Using recent version/s of Protel/Altium schematic capture performing circuit design"