At eXcell, we set you up for job success right from the start. Our precision recruiting process aligns the right fit for the right people.
* * * Senior SAP Basis Consultant Possibility of Conversion to Direct Hire * * *
The candidate will work onsite in Collegeville, PA. This role is production support, not project-based.
We're seeking a candidate with comprehensive SAP knowledge working in a UNIX, especially AIX, environment. SAP Basis should be the primary skillset, with accompanying knowledge of UNIX and Oracle. This position requires frequent client contact to resolve user support issues, so excellent verbal communication skills are essential.
* * * This role is W2, we cannot work corp-to-corp or through a sub-vendor, we are unable to sponsor H1B's at this time* * *
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for implementing, administering and supporting SAP NetWeaver J2EE / ABAP stacks running on an AIX / Oracle platform with a focus on Oracle database administration
- Tasks will include
- SAP / Oracle performance tuning
- Recommending / building custom indexes
- Database layout / design
- Database sizing and placement
- Database reorganization strategies
- Performance testing
- SAP system migrations, performance optimization, upgrades, and successful resolution of system performance.
- Needs Technical Architecture and Business Transformation Program background
- Must be flexible and experienced working on Critical / High Priority problems / issues and have the ability to explain in detail how and why they chose to resolve the issue in such a manner
- In addition to SAP Oracle database administration, the candidate will also participate in system administration and SAP implementation, network administration and operating system administration
- Installing and upgrading SAP
- Applying support packs
- Applying kernel upgrades
- Installing third-party software interfacing with SAP
- Participating in system copies / refreshes
- Performing installation qualifications to satisfy QA requirements
- Participating in problem resolution including an on-call rotation
- Must have proven experience in supporting complex implementations of SAP-based infrastructure solutions with diverse knowledge / expertise of multiple SAP products, including ECC, Enterprise Portal, BW, SRM, SCM, PI and Solution Manager
- Must have 10+ years of SAP / Oracle and NetWeaver / Basis Administration
- Pharmaceutical experience desirable, including a basic understanding of GXP as well as experience in performing IOQs using Good Documentation practices
- Experience on a large-enterprise account needed
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.