Sr. Software Developer
Location: Princeton, NJ (Remote Acceptable)
Who We Are:
INVIDI Technologies is the world's leading developer of software transforming television all over the world. Our two-time Emmy® Award-winning technology is widely deployed by cable, satellite, and telco operators. We provide a device-agnostic solution delivering ads to the right household no matter what program or network you're watching, how you're watching, or whether you're in front of your TV, laptop, cell phone or any other device. INVIDI created the multi-billion-dollar addressable television business that today is growing rapidly globally.
INVIDI is right at the heart of the very exciting and fast-paced world of commercial television; companies benefiting from our software include DirecTV (US) and Hotstar (India), networks such as CBS/Viacom and Sun TV, advertising agencies such as Ogilvy and Publicis, and advertisers such as Chevrolet and Verizon.
INVIDI's world-class technology solutions are known for their flexibility and adaptability. These traits allow INVIDI partners to transform their video content delivery network, revamping legacy systems without significant capital or hardware investments. Our clients count on us to provide superior capabilities, excellent service, and ease of use.
The goal of developing a unified video ad tech platform is a big one and the right developers--like you--flourish in INVIDI's creative, inspiring, and supportive culture. It is a demanding, high-energy, and fast-paced environment. INVIDI's developers are self-motivated quick studies, can-do individuals who embrace the challenge of solving difficult and complex problems.
About the Role:
We seek highly dedicated, motivated, and passionate Senior Software Developer who can use the right tools to find the best solutions to problems. We embrace the Agile methodology and as part of a scrum team you will play an important role in all aspects of client support.
- Design, development, and documentation of software.
- Support strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance, and function.
- Diagnose root cause of defects/issues and implement software solutions.
- P rovide on-call support for AWS cloud-deployed services as part of a DevOps team.
- Write unit test code to automatically test the key parts of the system.
- Works closely with test engineers to review requirements and system designs and plan for both manual and automated testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the computing industry
- Prior experience with Java
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and data structures
- Strong experience in Cloud (AWS), SaaS, and Microservices architecture and design
- Strong experience in NoSQL Databases like DynamoDB
- Strong experience in API design
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Actively participate in an Agile/Scrum environment and on all tasks
Skills & Qualifications:
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well in an Agile scrum environment
- Skill to quickly learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and architecture design, working with database technologies such as DynamoDB, as well as Protocol Buffers and Parquet
- Ad tech industry knowledge a plus
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Experience writing complex structured SQL queries
- Scripting languages and technologies like Python, Groovy, Bash, XML, etc.
- SCM and CI tools like Git, Gerrit, Bitbucket pipelines and Jenkins
- Strong experience with Gradle
- Strong experience with Terraform
- Strong experience in JUnit, Mockito and Guice
- ALM tools like Confluence and JIRA
- Software development and code analysis tools
- Protocol Buffers and gRPC.
- INVIDI is a conscious, clean, well-organized, and supportive office environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer are normal.
- INVIDI is working remotely 100% until a return-to-office date is determined.
- All candidates must pass a compliance background screening and drug testing.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, all candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
At INVIDI, we don't just accept differences-we celebrate diversity, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. INVIDI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity consistent with legal requirements. INVIDI welcomes Veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by email at: HR@invidi.com .
Ready to join our team? Apply today!