Our client is looking to hire an IT Support Manager at their offices in Boston, MA 02110. This is a full time employment role paying an annual salary of $115K to $130K plus a discretionary bonus and excellent benefits package.
Our client is seeking an experienced IT Support Manager to manage a Tier 1/Tier 2 support team of 4 IT Support Analyst, 2 Help Desk Analyst, a Technical Trainer and an external Help Desk vendor. This position will report directly to the CIO. Previous financial, professional services or law firm experience is highly preferred. Someone who possesses experience managing a team providing "white glove" IT support would be ideal.
Candidates must be vaccinated and boostered against COVID-19 due to the onsite work.
• Responsible for service delivery of the critical user support team, including internal and external help desk (Tier 1) and desk side support (Tier 2) services.
• Responsible for conference room support, including our audio-visual systems and services.
• Responsible for IT training program and practice group support, working closely with the Practice Group and Technology Training Coordinator.
• Immediate supervision and scheduling of the IT Support team.
• Leads efforts in recruiting, training, and development of IT Support team.
• Develop continual service improvement plans to ensure superior service levels including outreach to internal stakeholders.
• Manage relationships with multiple external vendors and responsible for the external help desk service performance.
• Perform trend analysis within ticketing system. Ensures team is documenting, logging, and tracking all information relating to incidents in the help desk information database, including submitting knowledge
base articles for approval.
• Work closely with the IT leadership team to ensure proper incident lifecycle, including escalation, follow-up, and resolution.
• Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operational issues.
• Responsible for asset inventory for all user hardware, including laptops, desktops, and peripherals.
• Responsible for quality assurance, including ensuring proper test plans, internal documentation, and user communication.
• Responsible for onboarding/off-boarding procedures and processes, including any user account changes.
• Prepare annual capital and expense budget recommendations for software licenses, support services, and hardware upgrades based on business needs.
• Provide 24x7 on-call support and problem triage for IT support services.
• Must exhibit critical thinking prowess and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Maintain working knowledge of all Firm applications and systems.
Essential Management Competencies:
• Coaches, encourages, and motivates staff to attain their highest levels of achievement, productivity, and work satisfaction.
• Delegates when needed for the advancement of the team and IT department.
• Identifies and supports all training and development needs and succession planning efforts.
• Uses leadership skills to establish effective working relationships, encourage teamwork, and build consensus to meet or exceed departmental standards and our client's objectives.
• Maintains active lines of communication within and between departments to share knowledge and support collaborative efforts, organizational change, and goal achievement.
Develops a committed, competent, and professional staff that works in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
• Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments affecting the department and the Firm, promotes innovative thinking and creativity, and empowers others to exercise sound decision-making and good
• Manages change occurring within the department and collaborates with other members of management to ensure organizational change is effective, efficient, and aligned with the Firm’s strategic goals.
• Bachelor’s degree or related educational experience required.
• 8 or more years of progressive experience in IT support.
• 4 or more years of experience in managing an IT support team.
• Financial, Professional Services or Law firm experience is beneficial.
• Strong PC, Windows, and applications knowledge.
• Excellent telephone etiquette and command of the English language with a demonstrated ability to maintain a customer service focus and attitude at all times.
• Proven ability to develop and train staff.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels within an organization.
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects and priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
• Must have physical ability to lift and move a computer and computer related equipment