Summary of role
The Software Engineering Manager will build and lead a high performing engineering team that is building suite of consumer facing websites. As part of engineering leadership, you will serve as an expert in software design & architecture with a proven track record of executing large initiatives using agile practices. As a leader, you are passionate about continuously improving our processes, practices and technology stack and help create a culture of high performance.
Client is a leading healthcare insurance company based out in Trumbull, CT and operates through seven contact centers: two in Arizona (Phoenix and Gilbert), three in Florida (Tampa, St. Petersburg and Orlando) One in Westford, MA and 2 in Texas (Saint Antonio, Dallas).
Department: Information Technology
Position Reports To: Director of Application Development
Employment Status: Exempt
Visa : s / Only
- Lead a team of Engineers to build fast, responsive websites that optimize for frictionless user experience in marketing & sales domain.
- Work closely with product owner to build product roadmap and execute using Agile SDLC.
- Partner with cross functional teams across marketing, UX team, SEO & optimization teams to A/B test and continuously evolve consumer facing websites.
- Hire and retain exceptional engineering talent on the team. Actively coach and mentor team members to create a culture of high performance & continuous learning.
- Evaluate and introduce new development technologies and processes.
- Own the technology stack, ensure a high-performing, agile, and scalable solutions framework that can support rapid business expansion.
- Monitor the performance of the applications with a focus on uptime & fast response time.
- Bachelor's degree with experience of 5+ years hands-on software development and 3+ years managing a team of engineers.
- Proven ability to architect web applications using Rest based microservices and content rich sites using a CMS.
- Familiar with Marketing concepts like A/B Testing, SEO, analytics, conversion rates, campaign monitoring, email marketing etc
- Proficiency in the following areas: OOP using .NET or Java, CSS, HTML5, AWS or Azure, CI/CD, MVC, RDBMS, NewRelic, Optimizely, Headless CMS like Prismic.io
- Experience leading an agile team, keeping the team focused, and discussions moving forward, resolve conflicts with both internal and external audiences as well as invoke a level of confidence and authority to various department leaders and levels of management.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, typically in a cubicle environment (constant noise, fluorescent overhead lighting)