The Video Support Center (VSC) is a fast paced 24x7 break/fix team that remotely supports all video transport and devices in Charter Video Operations group. This team operates on the front lines for national and regional video device support for the entire Charter footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM).
- Partner with Engineering to design and test system designs.
- Work with the field on the implementation of network related projects and other standardization efforts.
- Interact with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru Wednesday, 8:00PM to 7:00AM
- Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance systems and resolution implementation, following established operations procedures.
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing, encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris and Ericsson.
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Understanding of video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS & Smooth Streaming technologies.
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television Operator)
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs, industry vendors' a plus
EVD325-VIDEO 293547 293547BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.