Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research's open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.Job Number:
Riverside Research is seeking a Senior AI/ML Engineer to support the Air Force customer on their research and development efforts. As a key member of Riverside Research, the Senior AI/ML Engineer will incorporate concepts and investigate methods for cross-cutting data sharing for modeling and simulation, advanced radio frequency (RF) simulation, and other mission system applications.
The chosen candidate will serve as a senior technical member of a team consisting of software engineers, data architects, and researchers to develop solutions for data sharing, data quality and curation, discovery and understanding of relevant data using proper metadata, automation of key steps, and enterprise digital engineering.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship. Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction, task-level technical leadership, and research and development skills in artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing
- Develop software to support a variety of machine learning and natural language processing projects in multiple domains
- Assist in developing project roadmaps based on internal and external customer needs, science and technology trends, and overall corporate strategic plans
- Foster and participate in a collaborative environment for multidisciplinary research and development
- Understand, apply and contribute to state of the art AI/ML techniques, especially those focused on natural language processing, publishing and presenting research results
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Master's degree in an AI/ML related field (Computer Science, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Physics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience) and at least 3 years of relevant experience required
- Experience working US Government or DoD research and development projects
- Experience working with diverse teams and programs
- Ability to conduct research in state-of-the-art artificial intelligence / machine learning projects. Examples include:
- Image and signal classification using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) and other deep learning networks
- Adversarial AI - methods to attack/protect AI/ML algorithms
- Neuromorphic computing - Spiking Neural Networks (SNN), Intel Loihi and FPGA instantiations
- Human-computer interaction, natural language processing, and virtual/augmented reality to assist complex tasking
- Demonstrated ability to work in coding environments and deliver prototypes revolving around the use of signal-centric computing technologies
- Ability to code in a variety of integrated development environments and to learn new programming skills as required
- Ability to write and present research and development results to a variety of stakeholders
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- PhD degree in an AI/ML related field (Computer Science, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Physics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience)
- Experience with flexible and fast run-time languages
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: