DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Desktop Deployment Engineer II (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Responsible for Windows desktop design, testing, security lockdown implementation, integration with standard software packages, integration with automated patching and deployment technologies, documentation and training to include automating application and configuration deployments and updates. Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but also for all support libraries, components and application dependencies. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engineering and configuring data and printing between various classification levels and ensuring security of data for all the Government client's desktop systems.
- Proactively address performance and anticipated user requirements
- Be able to support both a Windows and Linux mixed environment.
- Provide hands on experience in implementing and supporting, Active Directory, GPO Management, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Deployments
- Be able to understand typical desktop issues and troubleshoot local and virtual installs of applications and determine if issue is hardware or software related and resolve issue by either implementing fixes or walking users through problem resolution.
- Set up systems from box to desk with multiple components to include keyboard, video, mouse switch boxes, multiple interface connections, multifunction printer set ups, and post implementation support, user guidance or training and maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the client's performance, security, user experience, reliability, availability, and all other functional and non-functional requirements are met.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Assist with system accreditation and monitoring.
- Provide timely problem resolution.
- Track all system inventory and update documentation of any configuration changes.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices. Author step-by-step solutions for Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 for frequently asked questions and problem resolution references.
Location and other information:
- Five years of experience
- Minimum of Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.