Product Engineer- S&P (Screwdrivers & Pliers)Onsite Location: Huntersville, NC
As aProduct Engineer,S&P (Screwdrivers & Pliers)you'll be part of ourGlobal Tools & Storage (GTS) team located inHuntersville, NC. Travel will be as needed, up to 15% throughout the year to variouslocations.
- Design, development and manufacturing support of hand tools products and component ideas and concepts that will meet our manufacturing, safety, quality, compliance, cost and marketing objectives.
- Estimate development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases of development. Perform sampling, product testing and documentation including the writing of product performance specifications and test plans.
- Prepare models, costs, technical data, product documentation and/or initiate requests for model making and testing services. Position involves close coordination with manufacturing, marketing, industrial design and customer base.
- Create/develop models, drawings, prototypes, BOMS, cost info, etc. and complete necessary product testing.
- Document and maintain product development schedules utilizing MS project or equivalent software.
- Work in coordination with Product Management, Marketing, Operations and Customer Base teams to transform customer input into robust designs.
- Generate 3D Models in CAD(Creo/Pro-E)
- Create and publish drawings from CAD models for purchased and manufactured components.
- Develop, document and maintain project tasks and schedules and execute project tasks as required.
- Specify performance testing parameters, execute tests and document compliance with applicable requirements.
- Improve existing products using analytical techniques to better meet customer requirements. Investigate cost reduction opportunities within manufacturing facility and optimize product designs to make improvements in manufacturing processes.
You're acurious problem solver whocanbring big ideas to life. You're creativeand scrappy but can navigate a large organizationwith ease.You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
Benefits & Perks
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering Required
- 3-5years of related experience in product design
- Valid Driver's license and the ability to travel up to 15% throughout the year to variouslocations
- 3-D CAD/CAE exposure andCreopreferred.
- Foundational knowledge of materials/metallurgy/failure analysis/FEA
- Experience with machining processes and design/materials for forgings/stampings is preferred.
- Experience with plastic and metal molding processes preferred including casting, MIM, blow-molding, and high-pressure injection molding.
- Familiarity with manufacturing documentation methods (bills of materials, routings and tool lists, etc.)
- Familiarity with prototyping processes including FDM, SLA, and a plurality of machining processes.
- M.S. Engineering Related Field Preferred
You'll geta competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k,Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days,andtuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendorsand partners.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.