Sr. ERP Applications Engineer
The CGI Managed Advantage Services Program delivers and supports a proprietary Government ERP software suite and we are expanding our client base rapidly. Our CGI Government and Health (G&H) group is seeking skilled Sr. ERP Operations Engineer that will work directly with multiple clients in this large-scale, globally supported outsourcing and premium maintenance program based in Lafayette, LA. This is a challenging and dynamic role with high levels of involvement with clients, other CGI organizations, and team members supporting interesting, complex, and often critical client needs. Limited to no travel required.
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of the team's workload; a proven history of driving teams to meet target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has minimal travel requirements, potentially a few times a year for team meetings/training or for direct client support.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Candidate will be the Sr. ERP Applications Engineer for the Advantage Cloud Delivery and Cloud Services (ACDCS) working in UNIX/LINUX environments, Candidate will provide day-to-day production support for assigned clients working on operations activities, including problem resolution, cycle support, and configuration management related to the assigned operations.
Candidate must pay close attention to detail and the surrounding implications of all actions, be able to multi-task, and be independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in a non-traditional work environment.
Candidate will be a member of a 24/7 production operations support group that runs cycles for multiple clients on a nightly, weekly, and monthly basis. Candidate must be able to participate in the team's rotating on-call and maintenance responsibilities including potential nights, weekends, or holiday support hours.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage, support and mentor operations team members to ensure that client activities are in scope and are completed according to standards, contractual obligations and Service Level Agreements.
• Manage staff to provide appropriate and essential coverage and follow through for all client events and service requests, including personnel scheduling maintain coverage needs at all times.
• Oversight of the clients' day-to-day details including but not limited to batch processing cycles, maintenance windows, change control processes, database refresh planning, performance monitoring, environment and application security.
• Maintain healthy client relationships, understand client's perspective with issues reported and diligently work on a remediation's plans.
• Proactively identify issue by leveraging and analyzing the trends using JIRA, OAPM & IAP tools. Understand metrics such as Number of tickets, Issues reported per client etc. to assess the team member's workload.
• Work with teams on coordination for all Production deployments that impact clients.
• Identify and communicate issues to senior team managers that have the potential for escalation.
• Work with datacenter personnel and across teams as needed to support their efforts on the clients' behalf.
• Address SLA-bound technical incident reports or requests by the client.
• Monitor the health and stability of the client environments, proactively engaging the necessary stakeholders and remediating issues/incidents that may arise.
• Manage client's backup processing and verify backups are successfully obtained to meet SLA requirements.
• Address client requests for technical assistance such as file recovery, user ID management, or execution of special processes.
• Review and approve proposed changes and implementations.
• Develop/Improve processes and procedures.
• Support other technical teams by providing screen shots, query executions, or log files necessary to resolve system or application issues.
• For new client implementations, test and fine-tune scripts and cycle automation processes to ensure stable steady-state operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must operate under the CGI corporate standard frameworks for client, member, and stakeholder satisfaction. Candidate will also be responsible for all aspects of CGI's member management, such as performance reviews, coaching and training, or performance improvement actions as required, to ensure that corporate policies are followed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with UNIX, MS SQL and scripting (C shell, K shell, bash, etc.); LINUX, ORACLE, SQL Server and programing languages (Perl, Visual Basic, Cobol, R, Python, etc.) will be preferred.
• Knowledge of SFTP/FTP/HTTPS/HTTP and standard network concepts.
• A practical problem solver, strategic thinker and seek advice when needed.
• Understand importance of adhering to contractual Service Level Agreements.
• Strong interpersonal skills working across multiple teams and building trusted client relationships.
• Take pride in your work and able to communicate technical issues, verbally and written, effectively to both technical and non-technical team members and/or clients.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear, effective communication regarding technical issues and impact to client business.
• Have great time management and the ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision.
• Able to collaborate effectively with globally dispersed teams.
• Flexibility to work with clients and support teams across time zones.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience overseeing teams and client facing roles
• Experience with Office Suite including Project and Visio
• Exposure to Kubernetes/Rancher,
• Exposure to JBOSS/WebSphere.
• Experience with JIRA/Confluence and Office Suite.
• Familiarity of Cloud and Cloud Services
• Knowledge of related software and other automated job scheduling tools such as AutoSys, Job Scheduler, C etc.
• Infrastructure or operations experience in a UNIX/LINUX/Wintel environment
• Familiarity with a multi-tiered architecture and network connectivity
• Familiarity with hosting platforms such as WebSphere and JBoss
• Familiarity with PMP and agile methodologies
#DiceInsights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills