Overview Overview of the team :
Securities Finance is a collaborative development team with the goal of providing all aspects of security finance services including agency lending, principal lending, cash collateral reinvestment and secured loans. The global team operates in 5 locations including Pittsburgh, New York, UK, India, and Canada. The team provides innovative, resilient and scalable solutions to increase revenue potential, achieve operational efficiencies, and service the business-s overall growth strategy. We embrace Agile and Open Source technologies. Overview of the role :
- Strong CS fundamentals with problem solving, analysis, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Experience building distributed high-performance, high-availability systems
- Hands on experience in Core Java & J2EE skills, Oracle PL/SQL
- Fundamental understanding of RDBMS and database design applications.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, agile development/project environment
- Experience with of Securities Finance is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans.
- S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies.
- Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits..
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.