Product Engineer-Huntersville, NCCome Make the World With Us!
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Product Engineer, you'll be part of our Global Tool & Storageteam located in Huntersville, NC. You'll get to:
Be responsiblefor design, development and manufacturing support of hand tools products and component ideas and concepts that will meet our manufacturing, safety, quality, compliance, cost and marketing objectives. Must estimate development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases of development. Perform sampling, product testing and documentation including the writing of product performance specifications and test plans. Prepare models, costs, technical data, product documentation and/or initiate requests for model making and testing services. Position involves close coordination with manufacturing, marketing, industrial design and customer base.Specifically, you'll:
Who You Are
- Create/develop models, drawings, prototypes, BOMS, cost info, etc. and complete necessary product testing.
- Document and maintain product development schedules utilizing MS project or equivalent software.
- Work in coordination with Product Management, Marketing, Operations and Customer Base teams to transform customer input into robust designs.
- Generate 3D Models in CAD(Creo/Pro-E)
- Create and publish drawings from CAD models for purchased and manufactured components.
- Develop, document and maintain project tasks and schedules and execute project tasks as required.
- Specify performance testing parameters, execute tests and document compliance with applicable requirements.
- Improve existing products using analytical techniques to better meet customer requirements. Investigate cost reduction opportunities within manufacturing facility and optimize product designs to make improvements in manufacturing processes.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
Benefits & Perks
- 3-5years of related experience in product design
- 3-D CAD/CAE exposure andCreopreferred.
- Foundational knowledge of materials/metallurgy/failure analysis/FEA
- Experience with machining processes and design/materials for forgings/stampings is preferred.
- Experience with plastic and metal molding processes preferred including casting, MIM, blow-molding, and high-pressure injection molding.
- Familiarity with manufacturing documentation methods (bills of materials, routings and tool lists, etc.)
- Familiarity with prototyping processes including FDM, SLA, and a plurality of machining processes.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering Required
- M.S. Engineering Related Field Preferred
You'll geta competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k,Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days,andtuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendorsand partners.What You'll Also Get
- CareerOpportunity:Career paths aren't linear here.Being part ofourglobal companywith 60+ brandsgivesyou the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning& Development:Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy andonline university(where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & InclusiveCulture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work.We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company:You'll help us continue to make positive changes inthelocalcommunities where we work and live as well asinthe broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.