Job#: 1296816 Job Description:
Our client is looking for experienced Software Engineers for a 1 year contract to start, preferrably in the Chicago market. Individuals will have the ability to work in a hybrid capacity. However, they are open to candidates in all markets where a company office is located. Key experience with the following technologies is highly preferred;
- SQL Server, MongoDB
- DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, etc.)
- Browser automation testing tools (Sauce Labs, Selenium, Protractor, CodedUI etc.)
If you're interested in applying or hearing more about the opportunity please contact Kenneth Jo at
- Will interpret written requirements and technical specifications for software solutions to business problems.
- Will develop software based on the technical specifications.
- Will analyze and investigate problems with software solutions that have been reported by clients and document the results of their investigation(s).
- Will perform maintenance of software and correct defects that have been identified during the maintenance process.
- Will run unit tests on software they create, implement test plans, test harnesses and document the test results.
- Will investigate and suggest solutions to defects and problems with software solutions that have been detected during testing.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop , execute and maintain automation tests cases and test scenarios - for high volume, low latency web and desktop applications
- Design test automation framework for web services, APIs, and web-based applications
- Ensure automation is constantly running, analyzing, documenting and promptly reporting on failures
- Partner with scrum team members to build out automation solutions to advance company SDLCs and meeting critical business objectives.
- Design data persistence using SQL, mongo or any of the database management system
- Drive a continuous improvement mentality to deliver robust performance testing strategies and methods
- Mentor peers and junior SDETs, and create a culture of following automation best practices and standards by code reviews.
Additional Job Details:
- Experience with Agile/Lean development and testing practices, including Automated Test Driven Development, Test Driven Development , Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Web service virtualization, data virtualization and test data management
- Hands on Experience with browser automation testing tools (Sauce Labs, Selenium, Protractor, CodedUI etc.)
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server or document oriented databases (MongoDB)
- Advanced hands-on software development experience and experience with leading automation framework development (3-5 years)
- Hands on Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, etc.)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at