USA-ME-Scarborough-145 Pleasant Hill Rd Store Code:
Arch Data-Functl Architecture (2761019)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.For more information, visit https:// www.retailbusinessservices.com .
We are looking for a bright, experienced and energetic architect with a proven track record in building best-in-class grocery solution enabling omnichannel capabilities such as loyalty, personalization, payments, receipts, fulfillment, etc. A successful candidate will have a collaborative spirit and be an expert in enterprise strategies and best practice.
In IT @ RBS we develop technology so customers can Eat well, Save time, and Live Better in a supportive environment where leaders know their team's strengths and passions while elevating their associates through collaboration and engaging team environments.
* This position is eligible for our Accelerator Sign On Incentive Program
Eligible newly hired associates who applied to RBS employment between January 1, 2022 and March 31 st 2022 will receive a $20,000 Accelerator Sign On Incentive payment, subject to the following conditions:
A Day in the Life:
- the Accelerator Sign on incentive payment will be made, less taxes and applicable withholdings, following 30 days of active employment with RBS
- the associate must execute an agreement to repay the Accelerator Sign on Incentive payment in full if the associate does not remain employed by RBS for at least one full year. Current contractors, RBS associates, employees of affiliated companies or brands, and candidates presented by 3 rd Party Search Firms are not eligible or the Sign-On Accelerator Incentive payment.
• Establish strategic IT reference architecture, roadmap and patterns across the domains of integration, data and analytics
• Develop consistent standards, principles, policies and reference models to be implemented by solution architects
• Design commercially viable solutions and transition plans for a highly flexible, scalable and robust IT retail landscape. Support progress towards strategic goals while balancing local brands' needs and driving sales and productivity
• Review and recommend technology and vendors in support of strategic business goals
• Identify and exploit synergies and reuse; eliminate duplication across all regions and programs
• Role model and champion modern ways-of-working such as Agile, DevOps and related practices; actively participate in an architecture community which is a beacon of excellence within Ahold Delhaize
• Maintain a high level of individual contribution, professional growth, and ability to function effectively and independently, and challenge others to do the same
• Participate in and continuously improve architecture and domain governance processes What you Bring:
• Maintain knowledge on latest industry news and challenges for integration, data, BI and analytics, especially as it pertains to retail, modern APIs and Azure technologies
• Research new technologies and participate in industry communities and customer research activities to better understand innovative ways to use technologies to help the business
• Challenge the status quo and drive changes to improve business performance and productivity
• Collaborate with team members and members of other teams on how technology can be used to match or outpace competitor performance Basic Qualifications:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent job experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in End User Technology and/or Desktop Computing preferably in a senior level role
• 4+ years with technical experience in architecture
• Retail industry or other consumer-facing industry experience (6+ years)
• Adaptable communication skills and demonstrated experience interacting with all levels of an organization across verbal, prose and visual engagement
• Ability to manage own work time and priorities under aggressive timelines and budgets
• Fluent in English (in word and in writing) Preferred Qualifications:
• Software engineering and delivery experience (6+ years)
• Demonstrated ability to translate conceptual and strategic thinking into practical solutions
• Familiarity with popular architecture frameworks (i.e., TOGAF) and software architecture design patterns
• Experience in core retail application domains such as Marketing, Merchandising, eCommerce, Personalization, etc.
• Collaborative spirit working with peer architects in overlapping application domains
• Understanding of modern API and near-real-time messaging systems such as MuleSoft and Kafka
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at email@example.com>
Job Requisition: 203063_external_USA-ME-Scarborough