As Product Manager you will have the opportunity to impact and improve how the business successfully implements and uses our CMS. Your contributions will help drive both growth and efficiency within the company. Working closely with other product managers, development teams and business stakeholders, you will ensure that our CMS meets the needs of our customers, users, as well as our internal partners.
As a Product Manager, you are the ideal teammate, adept at being a great partner, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. In addition, you will help develop new ideas based on your contact with users.
You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead through influence and be comfortable handling ambiguity and complexity. You possess an unusual blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the dedication to make that vision a reality.
Communications and organizational skills are key to success in this role. You are a strategist who will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will prioritize features, build buy-in, and lead product schedules with your design, engineering, marketing and business counterparts.
With a specific focus on Content Management System (CMS) and the optimal integration, you will own requirements/epics/stories and manage evolving roadmaps that deliver optimal content based offerings. The position will work closely with Product Management, Marketing, User Experience and Software Development to deliver world class CMS enabled capabilities to market.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Owning the definition of CMS related product objectives that support key business goals
- Creating and define an actionable CMS product roadmap
- Utilizing customer driven product management methodologies within an agile environment
- Ensuring clarity of expectations and accountability via measurable goals and objectives
- Developing and maintaining subject matter expertise, best-practice insight, optimal solution delivery
- Leveraging best-practices in the product ownership of CMS definition release, integration, and evolution.
- Working collaboratively across product and engineering teams to define and deliver innovative and market-leading solutions to help employers find the best candidates and candidates to find the best jobs
- Ensuring optimized integration plans and roadmaps that maximize the power of the CMS with a particular focus on quality via personalization, relevance and search optimization via SEO
- Managing the prioritization of work and feature definition and work with product team to deliver executable user stories to the engineering teams
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, ensure alignment and build buy-in of product plans, strategies and objectives
- Identifying KPIs that effectively measure results, ensuring the alignment of "success metrics" to the objectives/outcomes as articulated in initiative charters and business case(s)
- Ensuring an effective user acceptance testing framework in place for all product releases
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven expertise as the product manager of CMS product solutions
- Expertise in driving and managing highly engaged product features
- Expertise working in high volume data environments with data science and software engineering resources
- Heavily analytical mindset with an ability to use data to define and support digital product strategy
- Expertise as an Agile Product Owner with demonstrated proficiency in managing product backlog, prioritization of business needs and writing epics/user stories
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate and communicate at all levels within the organization
- Success in managing both internal and external business, vendor and client relationships with a focus on collaboration and transparent communication
- Ability to anticipate and effectively tackle complex problems
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability to seamlessly multi-task
- Ability to build consensus and alignment, act with urgency, get results, and take educated risks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant digital product management experience
- Content Management Systems experience a must
- Prior experience with Agile standard methodologies
- Prior experience with SaaS company and established track record of defining and lauching SaaS products preferred
- Experience managing partnerships or partner products a plus