Please review the job details below.
Maxar Technologies is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer
to join our Tactical Ground Programs team in a remote position.
REQUIRED: Ability to obtain SECRET security clearance. This cross-functional team provides systems engineering, software engineering, and satellite downlink expertise to develop and deploy remote mobile end to end imaging satellite ground systems. Required Qualifications:
- 5 + years of DevOps experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant field
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- CI/CD pipeline experience
- Kubernetes/Docker experience
- Monitoring and logging technologies ( e.g. ELK, Prometheus, Splunk, etc )
- Familiar ity with Python
- Code, container and system vulnerability Scanning ( e.g. Twistlock , Checkmarx , Fortify, Nessus )
- Relational DB experience
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development team
In lieu of a formal degree, Maxar will allow relevant experience. Master's Degree = 8 years of relevant experience. Bachelor's Degree = 6 years of relevant experience. Associate's Degree = 3 years of relevant experience.
This system includes RF antennas, modems , network firewalls, GPUs, and the software to process and perform advanced analytics on the imagery . The software is cloud native and is designed to be adaptable to both on-prem and commercial cloud environments . In this role, you will work in an Agile Scrum environment to track the status of system builds and design configurations. Responsibilities:
- Development of a new containerized CI/CD pipeline that will include :
- S ecurity scanning
- Infrastructure as code
- Automated builds, scans, deploy ment s , and test s
- Automated node - creation
- Automated container image creation
- Factory and remote maintenance and support of satellite image processing ground systems located throughout the world.
- Integrate, test, orchestrate, and deploy microservice Kubernetes clusters to standalone environments
- Enhancing and m aintaining a n existing CI/CD pipeline to build, test, and deploy container images
- Manage development environments, and support developers with infrastructure enablement
- Troubleshoot Post greSQL issues
- Participate in Agile software process
- Work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment using Agile methodologies
- Active Secret clearance or Top Secret clearance
- Ansible, Terraform, configuration management utility
- Apache Tomcat
- Geographic information system (GIS) knowledge
- Image processing knowledge
- Experience with Atlassian Jira issue tracking software
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law. Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.