DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
The Sr. Cloud Architect will work closely with Cloud and VMware architecture and engineering peers across Dish to ensure that wireless projects and new initiatives are automated, scalable, resilient and secured in accordance with industry principles and standards. The role will function as an expert in cloud-based solutions with a strategic mindset to drive results through automation. This role will lead the development, deployment, and automation of Cloud Native solutions in an enterprise environment focusing on microservice architecture with both containers, virtual machines and other cloud native services.Primary Responsibilities:
A successful Sr. Cloud Architect will have the following at a minimum:
- Develop and execute the automation for cloud architecture, deployment systems, cloud platform, and application infrastructure
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern deployment tools/techniques and make recommendations to support a rapidly growing environment
- Implement best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging and deploying maintainable and scalable technical solutions
- Provide technical oversight of 3rd party vendors deliverables to ensure what is being delivered meets Dish's standards and can be scaled and operated by Dish.
- Communicate complicated problems to team members to ensure alignment and successful implementation
- Accountable for effectively leading, communicating and managing change ensuring sustainability of process and performance enhancement
- Remain current on the external environment for industry-leading tools, technology, analytics and best practices
- Demonstrate leadership in the areas of continuous improvement and continuous learning
- Engages in cooperative discussions with 3rd party cloud providers to incorporate roadmaps
Preferred additional experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree; six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 or more years of professional experience in virtualized or containerized architectures, such as: Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare
- 4 or more years experience with containerization technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- 5 or more years experience with Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and tools, such as: Vault, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps concepts and lifecycle
- 5 or more years experience in public cloud architectures, such as: AWS or GCP
- Ability to break down complex problems, implement custom solutions and automate them in a secure manner
- Experience with systems integration, requirements analysis, and process implementation
- 5 or more years experience in architecting or managing deployment pipelines based on industry standard tools, such as: Gitlab, Jenkins, Argo CD
- 5 or more years experience in programming using one or more of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or advanced Shell scripting
- Familiarity with VMware and Virtual Machine orchestration
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon EKS or Google GKE
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Assessment & Authorization packages under the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Demonstrated experience designing and building highly available geographic dispersed systems
- Experience with designing real-time monitoring using industry standard tools, such as: Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Grafana
Compensation: $160,700.00/Yr. - $220,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.