Software Developer - API
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs applications programming and related tasks for projects of average to complex difficulty. Conceive and design programs, translating specifications into code, testing results to ensure accurate logic, and facilitating testing with the end user. Advises and mentors junior programmers.
- Work on software development projects through the software development lifecycle including design, build, test, and deploy.
- Research, design, write, and test new software programs and API s.
- Creates, monitors, and maintain ETL processes, reporting applications, and data warehouse.
- Maintain existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification, integrating existing software products, monitoring, identifying, and correcting software defects.
- Investigate new technologies, creating technical specifications and test plans, working with multiple coding languages, and writing operational documentation.
- Provide guidance and mentor junior programmers and participate in team improvement discussions.
- Consult with clients and customers concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems by asking questions to obtain information, clarify details, and implementation information.
- Provide quality and seamless customer service by improving operations, decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes, and working cooperatively and jointly with team members, resources, vendors, and customers.
- Perform code review for peers and junior programmers.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- A firm understanding of Service Oriented Architecture is required.
- Ability to research and provide guidance for long-term planning and software improvements.
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to provide guidance and mentor junior programmers.
- Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Performs duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and employees.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Knowledge of web technology at the business level and how to use it to provide a competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of computer systems, application development, communications and networks.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Performs duties that require strong comprehension, analytical, research, composition, communication, and organizational skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business with IT/MIS major, engineering or equivalent field, or its equivalent experience, required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software development required, with demonstrated expansion of skills over that time.
- Experience with developing and maintaining ETL processes, reporting applications.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license unless otherwise noted.