TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation - we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
The mission of our teams is to build and maintain secure, reliable, and scalable platforms that contribute to our leading intelligent fraud prevention solutions and provide internal teams with the insight they need. We process 30+ million transactions a day through our data pipeline and manage many disparate methods of data collection and transformation to populate local and cloud-based data warehouses.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency with Linux or UNIX development (Centos, OSX, Bash, Maven, Git)
- Experience monitoring large distributed systems (ActiveMQ, Kafka, Elastic Stack)
- Proven collaborative approach to work on a team and help develop high throughput, highly available, horizontally scalable services
- Effective verbal and written communication with others; proactively recommending solutions, and solving complex problems
- Ability to learn, support, and improve our foundational technologies and abstractions (databases, load balancers, monitoring, reporting, etc.)
Impact You'll Make:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or another containerization technology
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience supporting Java environments
TransUnion's Global Fraud Solutions group provides a leading intelligent fraud prevention platform. The DevOps Engineer will participate in up-front design, ensuring built-in quality, deploying code into production, and monitoring the health of the services.
- In the first 90 days - research and become familiar with existing technologies and architecture standards, participate in agile team planning and SAFe ceremonies, and understand our CI/CD pipeline
- Beyond 90 days - Collaborate with other engineers to improve the fraud detection platform, troubleshoot customer issues and grow understanding of how our customers use our product, contribute to the continuous delivery pipeline, and expand knowledge of our systems and how to manage them more effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Engineer, Production Engineering