Global Networks PMO is responsible for managing equipment deployments that form the Equinix interconnection platform.
As a Project Manager and Program Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager, Project & Program Management, you will lead effective programs of work in addition to managing Projects.
Programs consist of multiple standard delivery projects, with the majority following similar standardized steps.
You will be responsible for ensuring all project plans, tasks, and issues within the program are up to date. Document issues as they happen and promptly resolve or escalate.
Represent Global Networks within meetings, and provide clear and concise program updates to the business.
- Experience in working in fast-paced organizations with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Establish trust with project staff and develop strong working relationships.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and work with relevant department stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize activities.
- Possess a good understanding of IT and Telecommunications terminology and practices.
- Manage escalations with project stakeholders.
- Resolve issues by identifying the root cause and implementing robust, lasting solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Understand network traffic management, QoS, and prioritization.
- Work with engineering teams to develop practices to document and manage Equinix Fabric (EF) network traffic to meet critical customer requirements to ensure traffic resides only in the country of origination.
- Experience collecting and understanding business and technical requirements and translating needs into implementation plans.
- Experience translating strategic initiatives into roadmaps, defining tooling, processes, operations and driving execution.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of strategy, goals, and priorities of our stakeholders. Support development and execution of work with clear roadmaps, goals, and priorities. Act as a bridge to align various Engineering and Global Network teams towards common vision/goals.
Typical daily tasks
- Stakeholder Management, keeping teams and management informed of critical activities impacting the program.
- Project Governance - ensuring the project resources execute against plans within the agreed time frame.
- Issue Management – Working with resources to ensure issues are documented and managed to guidelines.
- Supporting Project Managers to ensure their projects use best practices
- Attend project wash-up reviews and provide input to develop key learnings and execute actions to address them.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, document issues seen, and provide suggestions on how to handle them.