Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Automation Engineer
Nice To Have
- 5-6 years SQL
- • Agile experience (SAFe methodology preferred)
- Experience writing scripts (Python and Shell Scripting)
- Extract Testing
- Integration Testing
- R / R Studio Experience
Interview Process: Phone Screen then virtual interview
- Azure DevOps
- Prefer to have a local candidate
Location: Local candidates preferred - open to remote candidates
Indicate interview availability at top of resumeManager Update:
1) Well versed in end to end Test automation spanning multiple systems / technologies.
2) Senior level Experience with R or Python. Experience using multiple python libraries including openpyxl, os, time, datetime, selenium, cx_oracle, unittest.
3) Documented senior level SQL experience
4) API and Batch Extract validation experience preferred
5) Banking experience preferredQA Test AutomationEngineer Activities
Requirement Analysis related job duties are as follows
- Responsible for Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and maintenance of automation framework in Python / R.
- Perform ETL solutioning and script creation.
- Provide inputs to Automation Test Plans for various test phases - System, System Integration, Production Readiness.
- Create and manage QA Automation test cases/ scripts design and QA test cases/ scripts execution backlog in Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Own and execute test cases/ scripts design and Execution stories to each iteration for owned interfaces.
- Work on test design, test suite creation, test execution, defect management, and coordinate testing effort
- Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary.
- Attend (organize at times) workstream related meetings - Iteration Planning, Daily SCRUM meetings, iteration Retrospective, Requirement (stories) Walkthroughs and queries clarification meetings
- Attend Defect Triage meetings in the testing phase and dispose defects as per the defect triage process, explain defects as required
- Support End to End interface team to carry out integration testing by supplying test data, Identifying and setting run calendar needs.
Test Planning & Design related job duties are as follows
- Determine the Scope of testing by analyzing the BRD, ISZ, IO, IOF, TDD, TRD, & FSDs and supporting documents (requirement mapping)
- Report questions to Scrum team members to get answers to the clarifications on requirement documents
- Share domain knowledge to determine testing needs and effective use of testing methodologies and practices for early discovery of Requirement Defects.
- Responsible for performing Impact analysis on the Interfaces/ Touchpoint fields mapping documents for all fields and ensuring all derived fields, constant fields & default fields are properly captured for future execution needs
- Identify test data needs and run calendar needs during requirement/ impact analysis
Test Execution and reporting duties are as follows
- Understand business requirements (BRD, ISZs) and develop detailed interface wise component test plan per interface as per Test strategy/Approach by detailing activities to be carried out during testing
- Perform Functional analysis, scope of work and test effort estimation for applicable test activities
- Analyze automation scope and tools compatible for testing based on requirement complexity
- Apply guidelines / risk-based test approach by assigning the priority to the Test scenarios / Test cases/ scripts in Rational
- Create Industry standard traceability matrix for requirement coverage and validation check points for maximum test coverage
- Plan for test innovations, re-usable components and maintain the value add log in shared repository
- Preparation of test artifacts- test scenarios matrix, test data requirement matrix, test cases/ scripts
- Peer review of test artifacts - component Test Plan, Test Scenario Matrix, test cases/ scripts
- Identify test data needs and logical day planning for core banking system and related interfaces for integration test
- Present business review of Test cases/ scripts with subject matter expert/business for approvals/ to apply recommended changes
- Create and review traceability matrix for each requirement in ADO
- Keep Test Artifacts up to date in ADO and SharePoint tool based on change requests
- Perform automation activities for Batch and Services touchpoints
- Develop SQL queries to validate extract data/ XML responses
Test closure and reporting duties
- Create and identify test data in core banking system where extract is expected from core banking system
- Create/ mock upload file when upstream system is not connected to carry out system testing
- Use Soap UI/ ReadyAPI tool to do web services related testing
- Execute test cases/ scripts in Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Log Defects in Azure DevOps (ADO), resolve them with Development team and other project stake holders in defect triage and track them for closure
- Create change requests supporting documents for the changes/requirements identified during testing phase
- Log observations which ended up as defects for other teams (Data Migration, Product test, Reports team)
- Support System Integration, User Acceptance, Production readiness and Dress rehearsal
- Test Data preparation and End of Day/ month/ Qrtr/ Year run calendar planning for team after understanding the logical days need in core banking system and other interfacing systems in various test regions
- Support and review Test Reports
- Identify Regression suites for future regression testing.
- Track the progress of test execution in ADO and ensure test executions are as per the defined and documented test plan
- Report test activities related risks/ issues based on the deviation from Test Plan
- Follow test exit criteria defined in the Test Plan and perform closure activities accordingly.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or Information Systems preferred
- 5+ years of programming, test automation, or other directly related work experience.
- A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge software testing methodologies, testing tools, platforms, related systems and technologies.
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases
- Extensive knowledge in Python or R
- Extensive experience with REST and SOAP services
- Good knowledge on interface & Integration testing
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, problem resolution, customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Requires effective time management and work ethics.
- Strong attention to detail.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.e a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at -