UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Software Engineer/Production Support
will work as part of a dedicated IT operations support team. This team supports leading edge mission critical applications. The Software Engineer will be responsible for operational support for Insurance Solutions Data Warehouse, and Big Data platforms including, but not limited to software troubleshooting - driving to resolution, Application, network and hardware problems and issues. Conduct release activities supporting the SDLC through production deployment. The Candidate will also be responsible to develop and implement batch scheduling and file delivery jobs to meet the needs of the application.
In addition, as part of the team?s innovation goals, the candidate will develop, utilize and maintain system/process documentation and reports.
The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and effectively present technical issues to a non-technical audience. The person must be customer-focused with the ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
The candidate will be working in an IT operations team utilizing the service management and service delivery principles.
- Provide 24/7 hours rotating support for software release activities and to resolve high priority production incidents -
- Key service management activities include:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Configuration/Release Management
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Informatica expertise with an emphasis on working with a diverse set of sources and targets, implementing auditing, error trapping/tracking, reusability, and the ability to troubleshoot and performance tune Informatica mappings, sessions and workflows
- Must have strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- 5+ years or more working in an Oracle/UNIX environment
- Informatica PowerExchange CDC experience on Oracle, DB2 and Mainframe
- PL/SQL or T-SQL experience
- 3+ years of UNIX shell scripting and navigating the UNIX environment
- Experience in TWS (Tivoli IBM batch scheduling)
- XLD deployment manager
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer/Production Support, UHC M&R IS, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania