At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector has an opening for a Sr. Principal Network Communication Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This job will located in Promontory UT with travel to Roy, UT and VSFB, CA in support of the integration and maintenance of the ground systems for GBSD flight test program. This includes network and domain administration, mechanical, electrical, and RF systems.What You'll Get To Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
The Network Communication Subject Matter Expert (SME) will maintain smooth operation of Advanced and Specialized Information System Hardware and Software. They will plan, evaluate, and coordinate installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of several complex and specialized information systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of information systems hardware/software, radio frequency and SATCOM communications systems, and computer interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for equipment. May design systems or portions of systems that include selection of hardware and software packagesJob Qualifications: You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelors degree and 9 years of Network Communications experience; Masters and 7 years for relevant experience; PhD with 4 years for relevant experience. In lieu of formal education, 13 years of relevant job experience may be considered.
- Current DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain/retain TS clearance and PAR within 365 days from submission.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, swing shift, mid shift, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a year.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must have prior training experience.
- Must be capable of obtaining or currently hold an IAT Level 2 Security Certification (Security +, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) OR IAT DoD level 3 (CASP, CCNP-Security, CISA, CISSP,GCED, GCIH) within 6 months of employment.
- Must be capable of obtaining or currently hold a CDL with Hazmat endorsement.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting information systems.
- Experience designing, developing, building, testing and maintaining network and computing infrastructure
- Experience identifying systems anomalies and troubleshooting (network/custom applications/COTS software/server infrastructure)
- Requirements Capture
- Test and Implementation
- Integrated Maintenance Data System
- Unix/Solaris Operating Systems and Principles
- Windows Server and Desktop versions.
- Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area (LAN) networking
- Group policy design, testing and implementation
- Radio Frequency Transmission Systems
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Oracle RAC
- Flight experience and familiarity with commercial mission planning software.
- Quality Assurance or performing quality reviews of technical publications or training documents.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
$98,700 USD - $148,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.