Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join our growing team, in support of Security Engineering Programs - Center for Information Systems Security. (SEP-CISS) This ServiceNow Developer role will focus on support of the SEP-CISS customer's high-side instance of ServiceNow and each stakeholder that uses this system. Daily activities will include management and configuration of ServiceNow applications and modules, product development, and some system administration tasks. As part of this role, the ideal candidate will possess an understanding of ServiceNow scripts and will be able to utilize them proficiently.
This is part of a growing initiative for SEP-CISS where Leidos has the primary responsibility of supporting the centralized IT Services, Logistics, Management, and CDMB efforts across the customer's high-side enterprise using Agile and ITIL best practices. Due to the sensitive nature of this program, you will be required to work on-site at one of the following locations of your choosing: Herndon, VA, Washington, D.C., or Arlington, VA. You will however be required, as needed, to attend meetings & perform development tasks in Arlington, VA.Primary Responsibilities
- Configures and Develops on the customer's high-side instance of ServiceNow, including routine changes or configuration adjustments as directed by the customer & Leidos PM.
- Performs management and configuration of ServiceNow applications and modules, product development, service automation, and system integrations.
- Participates and manages development efforts pertaining to modules, applications, and major releases of the ServiceNow platform.
- Participates in the configuration of new applications or suites during planning, requirement gathering, design, development, documentation, and rollout phases.
- Contributes to the strategic development of new platform customizations, as needed, based on customer needs.
- Participates in the collection and implementation of tool requirements and investigates as necessary to determine the best solution or configuration options available based on the specific requirement
- Attends meetings, as needed, to solicit feedback from stakeholders regarding various modules of the tool whenever change is warranted or requested.
- Assesses architecture and current system limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Act as a liaison between parties when necessary to get support from ServiceNow (vendor) when local issues arise or when technical difficulties are identified
- Aids with report configuration and maintenance and performs operational administrative tasks, as needed
- Actively collaborates with other teammates to perform code reviews, discuss new developments and projects, and shadow other junior admins/developers as needed
- Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Conducts independent technical investigations in systems architecture and design. And can work independently as well as with team members to follow-through and complete assigned development tasks/projects in a professional manner.
- Active Top Secret clearance is a must.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 + years of relevant experience
- 3+ year hands-on experience developing, maintaining, and administering one or more ServiceNow instances.
- Proficiency with technical ServiceNow components such as: business rules, client scripts, UI policies and actions, UI pages and macros, script includes, catalog items, workflows, web services, reports, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL Query, HTML, XML, & Java Script.
- Experience working with customers to understand requirements and implementing information technology solutions / initiatives / service automation.
- Proven experience with creating and managing technical documentation.
- Strong written and oral communications required.
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work independently on a project, seeing it from inception to completion.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to Leidos and customer needs.
- Certifications preferred - ServiceNow System Administrator, ServiceNow Implementation Specialist and/or ServiceNow Application Developer
- ITIL Foundations certification is a plus.