Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better. Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work! About the Opportunity
We are seeking an enthusiastic and practiced intelligence or information security professional to join our cyber fusion center (CFC) team. We bring together experts across multiple disciplines to deliver cross-functional, cybersecurity services to support the protection of mission-critical applications and systems that support market operations, financial institution supervision, services to banking organizations, services to the U.S. Treasury Department, and internal Federal Reserve System operations.
The role is responsible for providing expertise and guidance to management and peers on the development and implementation of improvements to core cyber intelligence competencies: collection operations, tactical support to incident response and detection, impact analysis, and strategic analysis. This role is also responsible for delivering threat-based analysis of risks to stakeholders and operates in coordination with peers from across the CFC and the office of the Chief Information Security Officer.What You Will Do:
You will assist management in developing strategy and direction for the cyber intelligence service and ensure successful execution; translate knowledge of evolving threats into risk-based guidance to customers and stakeholders, including leveraging the MITRE ATT&CK Framework to drive the development of detection logic and adversary analysis; analyze and review external threat intelligence reporting and determine relevance for the CFC and stakeholders. Communicate cyber threat and risk information to business leaders, including briefings and engagements with key stakeholders.
- World-Class Operations - Leverage industry standard methodologies and best practices to conduct all-source cyber intelligence analysis and manage/optimize the organization's cyber intelligence lifecycle.
- Deliver Business Value - Produce tailored cyber intelligence products based on key business risks identified in partnership with leaders across critical business functions.
- Enable Cyber Defense - Deliver timely and relevant cyber intelligence products to critical operational areas; support managing or directing response activities during significant enterprise-level cyber incidents or emerging cyber threat conditions.
- Support Decision-Making - Enable informed risk decisions by senior leadership and business line executives through high impact written and verbal briefings on sensitive cyber threat intelligence matters.
- Emerging Leader - A passion for coaching and mentoring junior team members.
• 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity, specifically supporting Incident Response, Digital Forensics, Threat Intelligence and/or Threat Hunting.
• Possessor have ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance.
• Clearly demonstrated progression of role responsibilities in previously held roles.
• Hold or be willing to achieve certification in a relevant cybersecurity specialty (GIAC, OSCP,etc).
• Expert understanding of cyber threat intelligence concepts and processes.
• Expert ability to analyze cyber threat activity and develop relevant recommendations.
• Deep understanding of common frameworks used for threat intelligence (e.g. Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK).
• Familiarity with cyber threats targeting the US financial sector (Nation States, Cybercrime, Hacktivists, etc.) and their associated TTPs.
• Understanding of network and endpoint security concepts, architectures, and tools.
• Relevant experience within law enforcement, intelligence community, military, managed security service providers, or US-based financial institutions.
• Significant experience building and managing an intelligence knowledge base related to threat actors, campaigns, threat scenarios, etc.
• Significant experience providing intelligence briefings and reports to senior/executive level business management.Discover Why So Many People Love It Here
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Full Time / Part Time
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
- The Richmond, VA hiring range for the Cyber Security Advisor is $109,900- $137,400 annually.
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.