Ekman Associates, Inc. is a management consulting firm that specializes in developing business, digital, and technology strategy, delivering solutions, and addressing human resource demands.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for delivery of all assigned IT projects within scope,
schedule, budget and quality.
Key Skill (Mandatory)
- Experience in Supply Chain space with experience managing Warehouse and Labor Management (WMS and WLM) projects of leading WMS vendors like Manhattan Associates, Blue Yonder or JDE.
- Experience in full project lifecycle in WMS - Business Process Design, Solution Blueprint, System Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Business Stabilization/Hyper Care.
- Has been a WMS subject matter expert and/or have hands-on functional experience with JDA, Manhattan Associates WMS or JDE suite of applications. Experienced in integrating WMS solution with other applications/systems like ERP, OMS, TMS, MHE. An architect that can provide thought leadership around best practices, developed or supported business team in overall business processes, and defined functional requirements that needed to be supported by WMS application.
- Experience with other solutions like Order Management, Transportation Management Systems, Control Tower/Visibility.
- Deliver IT projects within scope, schedule and budget and with high quality.
- Deliver projects with focus on business unit satisfaction.
- Coordinate and manage the scope, timing, and budget of multiple concurrent projects.
- Assist in project strategy design, project role staffing, issue resolution and recovery of troubled projects
- Establish and maintain balance among project team, sponsors, resource managers and stakeholders.
- Work with the business units to establish project priorities appropriately to achieve desired organizational goals and benefits.
- Effectively mitigate project risks through risk identification and proactive planning.
- Manage resource utilization and allocation to ensure all projects have the correct resources assigned with the appropriate skill sets and capacity to deliver a quality product.
- Effectively communicate project status and key project metrics (KPIs) to stakeholders and customers and across enterprise as necessary.
- Ensure all impacted and interested teams are engaged in project execution to ensure complete project buy-in and minimize impact to the organization.
- Utilize Client's standard Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) and Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies in the planning, delivery and communication of all assigned projects.
- Follow internal Project and Portfolio management framework for project approval, delivery, tracking and reporting.
- Focus on continuous improvement activities for PMO methodology.
- Facilitate activities of PMO Governance and Steering Committee teams.
- Ensure compliance of IT projects to PMO methodology through standard project approval gateways.
- Measure and track metrics for project compliance and act accordingly.
- Maintain individual Project Portfolio and drive project business justification and approval meetings with Steering Committee and Governance teams
- Partner with business units to prioritize projects across the enterprise and facilitate development of Project Portfolio.
- Facilitate budget estimating and project planning activities for steering committee and finance approval.
- Work with business units to ensure budget is allocated appropriately for the prioritized projects and assigned to appropriate GL accounts.
- Facilitate post-close project Benefits Analysis activities with business unit and project managers and track results.
- Coordinate the work efforts, scheduling and prioritization for cross-team resources.
- Effectively transition senior level knowledge to other members of the team to help grow the organization as a whole.
- Train and mentor other team members in team standards, processes and methodologies.
- Support the professional development of other team members.
- Effectively delegate tasks to other team members to challenge individuals appropriately.
- Identify relevant training needs for the IT organization.
- Provide leadership to the team in regard to quality and integrity. Inspect and ensure the quality of work delivered by other team members.
- Provide input into the scheduled performance review process.
- Suggest and lead areas for improvement in internal processes.
- Provide input into the decision making process for the team.
- Act as point person on behalf of the team and gain the trust and confidence of other team members.
- 6+ years' work experience in Technical Project Management.
- Four year college required or commensurate work experience.
- PMP Certified.
- ITIL Certified.
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects, Application Integration and Compliance, Business Continuity, General Office Applications, Packaged Software, SOA Strategy and User Interface Design.
- Experience with the following: Applications Configuration Management, Automated Testing Tools, Client/Server Systems, Code Management, Data Transport, Enterprise Data Modeling, EnterpriseOne CNC Concepts, High Availability, Information Security, ITIL Incident Management, Networks, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Performance Management and Programming Languages.
Qualified Candidates Only: If you wish to learn more about this opportunity and additional qualifications/responsibilities, please submit your resume. To learn more about Ekman Associates, Inc. please visit our website at www.ekmanassociates.com .