State Farm's Property & Casualty Actuarial & Underwriting Modeling Department (PCM) is seeking Data Scientists with experience in utilizing predictive modeling techniques to produce advanced analytic solutions.
We have a growing and evolving infrastructure of predictive models that support State Farm's insurance pricing and underwriting decisions. We are looking for innovative individuals who are self-starters and like being part of a team that develops and implements creative solutions. Working within the PCM Department, agile product teams have autonomy to drive outcomes that provide meaningful business value directly to our customers. Responsibilities
As a member of the P&C Actuarial & Underwriting Modeling
community you will be challenged and empowered to grow professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to his or her full potential.A Day In The Life Of A Data Scientist
QualificationsSuccess in this job requires:
- Develop and validate advanced analytic models
- Build datasets to support model development
- Collaborate with other team members on scoping solutions and project decision points
- Compile data exhibits to support models
- Present on technical topics to peers, leadership, and other stakeholders
- Communicate with business partners that require articulation of the work in non-technical terms
- Lead/mentor other Data Scientists and other technical work teams
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices
- Perform advisory/consulting work for the organization, including specialized or innovative areas
- Serve as a peer reviewer to other model development teams
- Work on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors
- Establish and leverage a network of associates with business domain and data expertise by navigating the organization effectively
- Instill a business-oriented mindset that drives the science and research agenda
- Develop and initiate technical standards through interactions with professional societies
- Be recognized by others as an authority/professional resource in his/her area of expertise
- Build and maintain a relationship with the open source community by creating and contributing to open source data science software initiatives
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
- Must have a Master's Degree in Statistics, Data Science or similar field
- Programing background in SAS, R and/or Python with emphasis on techniques relevant to predictive modeling such as; data set development, cleaning, EDA, and utilizing modeling procedures.
- Experience with model feature creation, selection and value imputation.
- Broad experience building different types of advanced analytic solutions, including some of the following: time series analysis, cluster analysis, tree based algorithms, generalized linear models, and neural networks.
Office Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ.