There is an opening for a Desktop Support Technician at Robert Half Technology, for candidates with the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical users in an understandable and concise format. Problem solvers who enjoy working in a challenging and positive environment may do well in this Desktop Support Technician position. This Desktop Support Analyst role is a long-term temporary opportunity based in the Chicago, Illinois, area.
- Keep up, explore, and fix computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
- Provide support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Support records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities
- Provide computer desktop support in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Interface regularly and effectively with ticket submitters
- Coordinate hardware repairs with the appropriate vendors
- Fix computer problems, and recommend appropriate action/solutions Requirements
- Microsoft Office 365 experience preferred
- Microsoft Office 365 experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows 10
- Command of Microsoft Windows 8
- 3+ years of desktop support or other related experience
- Ability to quickly write reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedure manuals
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.