Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
As a Senior Director of Architecture, you will help lead the effort to create the "north star" technology architecture for Travelers. You will be a dedicated partner to senior Technology and Business leaders as you define a target state, roadmaps and identify new and emerging technologies that will transform and optimize the business.As an organizational leader, you will lead and inspire a team of high-performing Architects who you will coach, mentor and empower.
As a successful candidate, you are a visionary individual with a track record of building high-quality enterprise solutions and teams. You are results-driven and bring strong Architecture and engineering skills and a deep understanding of modern technologies including Cloud-native, APIs, AI and ML. You are a person of high integrity, who believes in challenging the status quo when needed, while always first seeking to understand. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizational responsibility within a segment o f Technology Architecture in support of Enterprise Data and Analytics
- Works with the leadership within Technology and Business to develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business imperatives
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a p artnership with Senior Software/Data Engineering leadership
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of new technology architecture solutions
- Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive communications to convey architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise strategy
- Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits best talent
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
- 3 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 5 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators , DevSecOps
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Good understanding of security
- Experience d with large scale technology platforms
- Experience modernizing data technology and information architecture on cloud
- Exposure and understanding of advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
- Hands on experience with data technologies on cloud
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.