Engineering Program Manager - Power Tools Accessories
* This is a flex virtual role where you are required to be within driving distance from the Towson, MD office 1 to 2 days per week.
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You'll Do
As an Engineering Program Manager, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, MD.
You'll get to:
- Independently leads projects under remote supervision for programs targeted for new technology and markets.
- Responsible to ensure all business functions are engaged and delivering: The CEO of the project.
- Follows standardized guidelines and templates to ensure robust project plans as required by the NPD process.
- Communicates project status and team obstacles to upper management and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion.
- Applies existing strategies to balance the elements of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and resources.
- Identifies, monitors, and proactively responds to project risk.
- Manages scope changes and ensures complete supporting analysis.
- Ensures project outputs are consistently high-quality deliverables, on time and within budget to all business objectives.
- Builds supplier relationships in order to collaborate effectively.
- Identifies, negotiates and supports the resolution of issues within and between various project teams and/or stake holders.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path to achieve launch deadlines.
- Defines project success criteria and continually monitors progress throughout project life cycle while reporting out to relevant team members and leadership.
- Partners with appropriate functional leaders to manage resources for projects.
- Ability to travel 10-15% domestically and internationally to oversee critical activities for programs.
Who You Are
- You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or similar field.
- Experience in new product development.
- 3+ years of experience in project management or leading projects.
- Proven ability to facilitate relations between business groups and technology departments.
- Demonstrated familiarity with structured project management methodologies (e.g., Critical Path).
- Demonstrates understanding of manufacturing processes and production planning.
- Demonstrates a personal connection with tools users and their passion for innovative products and quality craftsmanship expected in Stanley Black & Decker products.
What You'll Receive
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.