VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our Passion.
Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world's leading automobile manufacturers and the largest car maker in Europe. The Group comprises of twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, KODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.
Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC) is becoming the epicenter of vehicle electronics expertise in North America. Comprised of twelve teams, the IECC works with researchers and development teams in the US, Germany and across the globe. We're a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and psychologists looking to develop innovations for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain. Our mission is to drive change which means we are not only impacting one of the world's largest car makers, but also the lives of millions of people. Are you ready to join us? Telematics Test Engineer - Wireless Technologies (Multi-year contract opportunity)
- Plan, coordinate and execute laboratory and in-vehicle testing of Telematics and Connected Infotainment systems and components.
- Create and update test specifications and plans for laboratory and in-vehicle testing with focus on the North American market specifications.
- Act as the main point of contact to gather and share relevant information regarding new features and changes projected for the features under their responsibility.
- Use logging equipment to document errors found during testing sessions
- Cluster and categorize error patterns
- Derive reproducibility of system malfunction.
- Pre-analyze system behavior and data logs, perform root-cause analysis
- Execute error and bug fix verification, regression tests.
- Prepare regular status reports to communicate test and validation results to customers and VW Group partners using standardized systems for error reporting.
- Establish and maintain an error-reporting database, cross-link objective quality results to other US/Canada specific test databases.
- Update and maintain test setups (test-benches, in-vehicle systems, test equipment, etc.)
- Prepare vehicles for test drives.
- Build-up, package, and integrate new prototype components into cars.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science (Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Automotive, Information Technologies) or equivalent.
- Experience testing wireless technologies 5G (NR), 4G (LTE), focused on SIM registration.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Science (Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Automotive, Information Technologies) or equivalent.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.