We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits
and the process
of joining the State Farm team! ResponsibilitiesJoin the P&C Actuarial & Underwriting Modeling (PCM) Department as a Data Engineer on the Cloud Enablement team!
The P&C Actuarial and Underwriting Modeling Department is developing innovating predictive models using emerging technologies and capabilities. Working on the Cloud Enablement team within a business department, you play an integral role to work directly with business partners to make fast decisions and drive pace. Your work is essential for enabling teams to move to the Cloud, investigating new and innovative services, standing up services while collaborating with business partners on proof of concepts, and forging creative solutions.
As a member of the PCM Department you will be challenged and empowered to grow professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to their full potential. We appreciate your interest in this role.As a Data Engineer you will:
- Work closely with product team and customers to develop modeling solutions for actuarial and underwriting business problems...includes enabling / utilizing new capabilities in the cloud
- Assists in providing continuous integration and delivery practices to support data science solutions
- Identify critical and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, data sources, and platforms in the data engineering field, including cloud-based solutions, that support and extend quantitative analytic deployment solutions
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms.
- Experience with any open source database such as PostgreSql, MySQL. Etc.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Spring Boot, Django or similar frameworks
- Experience using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience using Docker or other web server technology in a Linux environment
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and practices
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
This is a "Hybrid" position, which means selected candidates will be assigned to a facility and will spend some time working both in office and from their home.
Office Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Tempe, AZ. ****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****