Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Responsibilities
Peraton is looking for a Network Engineer III to provide critical Network Operations Engineering support for a customer to ensure communication and collaboration for a variety of missions for worldwide users through the deployment of computer, telephony and voice/video and data networks. This position is a critical role on a high profile, dynamic team with job responsibilities for this position including but not limited to the following:
- Under broad direction, provides technical leadership in the planning, investigation, design, and implementation of physical and logical communications solutions having network-wide impact.
- Provides solutions that incorporate integration of digital encoding formats, line codes, and timing concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
- Influences team members, the customer, and vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customers voice, data, and image communications requirements.
- Prepares complex workprints and schematics to define and illustrate entire network structures and solutions.
- Identifies and recommends new design tools for use in communications projects.
- Evaluates projected corporate network usage and provides and implements media solutions.
- Participates in and influences marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for network-wide projects.
- Identifies product modifications and influences vendors to incorporate these changes into their products.
- Plans, designs, and implements network managements systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of multiple communication networks.
- Identifies, analyzes, and recommends new network administrative systems for entire networks to ensure accurate network inventory and timely implementation.
- TS/SCI level clearance required
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Mathematics
- Security + required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) preferred
- Position requires at least five (5) years of experience in the above-cited duties (10 years preferred)
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of qualifying degree