Job Number: 495
Riverside Research's Intelligence and Defense Solutions Directorate (IDS) has a full-time opening that can either be located in the Melbourne, Florida area or in the Beavercreek, Ohio area for a Software Developer. This position can be remote
. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with the program lead and other team members to research, develop, build, and demonstrate a virtual proof of concept web-based software application system (prototype). Team members will contribute to the design, development, documentation, testing, and debugging of the prototype software system.
This successful candidate will be responsible for extracting, transforming, and loading system outputs into a cloud-hosted architecture of containerized software supporting sensor integration using all recommended standards. The prototype will include a basic web-based architecture for data visualization so users can perform actions related to distributed production, exploitation, and dissemination (PED) of reporting on Measurement & Signature Intelligence (MASINT) sensor data. Sample user activities include but are not limited to:
- Search for and view availability, health and status (i.e. availability for tasking, GPS position, etc}, and, if applicable, error codes of deployed systems/sensors
- Task sensors with the full range of documented command and control commands
- View raw data and reports issued by the sensor
- View sensor metrics, workflow status, and scheduled tasks
- View incoming and outgoing messages along with feedback on whether external messages comply with message format and valid data ranges
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship. Job Responsibilities
- Write well-designed, well-documented, testable, and efficient code in modern Object Oriented software language
- Communicate progress and identify blocking issues
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Travel to Government site for delivery and collaboration as needed
- Integrate with and promote community standards
- Develop collaborative relationship with Government customer and other mission partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's (in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Science, or Information System Management)
- 4+ years of experience in Java software development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, data formats and standards formats
- Experience with intelligence production processes and workflows
- Experience with software modeling and the Intelligence Community
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- Active Secret Security Clearance, must be capable to acquire a Top Secret clearance
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: